Tidbits on Brown and Matt Jones | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tidbits on Brown and Matt Jones

Da 'Fins

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
From Scout.Com (ESPN's scouting service)

After suggesting Miami would take a RB with the #2 pick in the draft (if they can't trade down):

"Benson might be the more powerful runner and Williams might be the most elusive, but Brown is the best overall running back in this year's draft. Brown is big, strong and fast enough to carry a heavy load in the NFL and he also possesses considerably better skills in the passing game than those of Benson and Williams."

Also, Matt Jones may move into the late 1st round and will almost surely go in the 2nd round based on his exceptional size, athletic ability and just plain good football skills (per MMQB). The talk that he's just a "combine phenom" is really a misnomer, imo. I watched Jones in several games at Ark. and he's a very good football player. He's just a winner. He also came to the Razorbacks as a WR out of HS so he has that ability. I think he'll be a solid player. All that means is that it is unlikely we'll get him. It was a longshot anyway, but it would have been cool to have him.

I bet the Pats take Jones with the last pick of the first round... :(

SkapePhin said:
I bet the Pats take Jones with the last pick of the first round... :(

You just ruined my night.

That is the sort of thing that NE always seems to pull off.

Then again, they need some secondary help too. (Im aware of Starks)

They are still thin.

They will be tempted to take Marlin Jackson.....IMO.

That would be an interesting choice for the Pats. Since they let two of their top 4 WR's go in the off-season, I could see them doing that. I don't know of other 1st round WR's after the top 3 (Edwards, Williams, Williamson). But, it's also true that the Pats have some needs at CB as well.

Da 'Fins said:
That would be an interesting choice for the Pats. Since they let two of their top 4 WR's go in the off-season, I could see them doing that. I don't know of other 1st round WR's after the top 3 (Edwards, Williams, Williamson). But, it's also true that the Pats have some needs at CB as well.

Mark Clayton and Roddy White are also potential 1st Round WRs, but I think theyll be gone by then. I see Pats picking CB with their 1st pick though.

A newbie question...could Chris Henry fall near the end of the first round..like to the Steelers or maybe Philly? possibly Atlanta?

Joneal7 said:
A newbie question...could Chris Henry fall near the end of the first round..like to the Steelers or maybe Philly? possibly Atlanta?

I think Chris Henry will be available well into the second round of the draft, based on his well-documented character problems. He is behind Edwards, Williams, Williamson, Clayton, and likely Roddy White and maybe Reggie Brown of Georgia too...there aren't gonna be that many receivers off the board in round 1.

Joneal7 said:

I think hes like a 3rd round pick. Maybe ATL could pick him up a #90 overall.

matt jones is the type of player the pats would pick because of his virsatility....those creative sons of bucks (not aloud to cuss) .....

Matt Jones is the definition of boom-or-bust.

He is athletic and played well as WR in the Senior Bowl, but can he do it consistently and happily?

Not sure about his attitude. Not sold on him as a WR. Won't make it as a QB.

He'd be a good third round guy, but I'm looking more for high-percentage picks in the second round. See: Baas.

Back
Top Bottom