------- Tie-Breaking Procedures: with NE | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

------- Tie-Breaking Procedures: with NE

can u imagine if the tiebreaker came down to a coin toss lol. that would be insane, i wish it would be televised. i dont think though a tiebreaker has ever come down to a coin toss in football.

hey havent you ever seen an overtime game in the nfl ? ;)

hey havent you ever seen an overtime game in the nfl ? ;)
yup, but this would be insane bc there would be no kickoff or any chance of a defensive stop, its whether u get heads or tails, or else u go home.

im even suprised thats one of the tiebreaker prodcedures, i mean i no its one of the last tiebreakers and its never come down to that, but a coin flip should never literally determine something so big.

I don't agree on your strength of victory analysis - you're looking at strength of victory as it stands now, not taking into account the 4 wins we'd have and the 3 wins the Pats would have at the end of the season:

If we win out & the patriots lose one (against the Panthers for it to get to "level five"), we will have won games against the same teams (ie we'd have identical strength of victory) except for:
Patriots: Baltimore (Currently 6-6), Atlanta (6-6) & one more win than the fins against the Bills (4-8)
Fins: One more win than pats against the Jets (6-6), Pittsburgh (6-6) & Carolina (5-7, or 6-7 if you count the win the Panthers would have from beating the Pats for us to get to this point in the tiebreaks)

Of course, these teams records will change, but we effectively have a two win edge in our strength of schedule at the moment)

In a fins lose 1 or more, pats lose 2 or more scenario it gets a little more complicated, but depending on who the second losses were to, we'd have to start factoring in the records of Carolina & Jacksonville, Houston and/or Tenessee...

I don't agree on your strength of victory analysis - you're looking at strength of victory as it stands now, not taking into account the 4 wins we'd have and the 3 wins the Pats would have at the end of the season:

If we win out & the patriots lose one (against the Panthers for it to get to "level five"), we will have won games against the same teams (ie we'd have identical strength of victory) except for:
Patriots: Baltimore (Currently 6-6), Atlanta (6-6) & one more win than the fins against the Bills (4-8)
Fins: One more win than pats against the Jets (6-6), Pittsburgh (6-6) & Carolina (5-7, or 6-7 if you count the win the Panthers would have from beating the Pats for us to get to this point in the tiebreaks)

Of course, these teams records will change, but we effectively have a two win edge in our strength of schedule at the moment)

In a fins lose 1 or more, pats lose 2 or more scenario it gets a little more complicated, but depending on who the second losses were to, we'd have to start factoring in the records of Carolina & Jacksonville, Houston and/or Tenessee...

Good point.
It could be a lot closer than it currently appears. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom