Tight End Needed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tight End Needed

44Konradfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The Phins need to seek a tight end either by trade or via the waiver wire. Even though Randy McMicheal is very impressive he has not played a full season in the NFL and what if he gets injured Weaver is no starter, Shawn Draper is a blocker (Offensive Tackle remember), and Ed Perry is an overpaid snapper who hasn't been a tight end in a long time.

I say that we should only keep 3 TE`s. We need depth at other areas...Konrad can line up at TE if need be. jmo.

Ayenbadejo played TE in college. I would rather keep 3 FB's than a 4th TE who would come from the waiver wire

We do need a TE. But not because Showtime and Weaver can't handle it...but because Weaver has a bad knee injury. We can't go to war with only one receiving TE in a Norv Turner offense.

I gaurantee you, Norv would use Konrad, or Femi, in a pinch at the TE spot. They could line up in a H-Back, or even a FB position. I think we will be fine there. BTW, Weaver was slated to start before the emergence of Showtime in preseason.

Good point Scot. I totally neglected Konrad and Femi out there. They could certainly do it for us. Man I love Norv. :)

Yeah Femi was probably kept because of his versatility. He may be more versatile than Rob Konrad. He runs the ball better (but fumbles a lot), he is a more natural Tight End as well. He blocks pretty well (I don't really know how he stacks up against Konrad in that department) but Konrad probably runs his FB routes better and has better hands.

That's it.......Femi makes the roster. :p

Originally posted by Ohiophinphan
Ayenbadejo played TE in college. I would rather keep 3 FB's than a 4th TE who would come from the waiver wire

I read that also that we may keep 3FBs and use Femi as a TE if need be.

Let's let McMichael play in a game before we give any nicknames like "Showtime".

What kind of nicknames did Matt Hasselbeck have with Sea fans based on his preseason numbers I wonder?

My point is, I love McMichael and drafted him on my fantasy team, but he needs to do something in games that count for real and teams are game planning.

"Showtime" is the nickname that McMichael's Dolphin teammates have given him.

Originally posted by chambers84

I read that also that we may keep 3FBs and use Femi as a TE if need be.

That's what I read also..I understand he played the position in College also...Showtime is the name that McMicheal's have coutesy of his teammates..so he's already been named...but that
s D. Sanders..I think he needs another of his own.

Originally posted by 44Konradfan
The Phins need to seek a tight end either by trade or via the waiver wire. Even though Randy McMicheal is very impressive he has not played a full season in the NFL and what if he gets injured Weaver is no starter, Shawn Draper is a blocker (Offensive Tackle remember), and Ed Perry is an overpaid snapper who hasn't been a tight end in a long time.

there is that guy from denver who just got cut a few minutes ago cus shannon sharpe is there again. guy had 51 catches. second on the team. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. forget his name. does he have injury's from the past? if he does i think we should sign him right away!:D

Back
Top Bottom