Tight End Talk | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tight End Talk

matt11390

Starter
Reaction score
The Winslow talk got me dreaming about Miami's current Tight Ends and what could be. I though it would be for some good brain activity for us to brainstorm and cast our visions on this topic a little.

Ever since the two receiving TE game plan started taking over in the NFL I have wished for Miami to accept it and get their own set. I am anxious to see what our group can do. Personally I am excited to think about what Clay and Egnew can do together, and unlike many on this site, am happy with Fasano. IMO Fasano is a top half of the league TE because he can block, catch, and run pretty darn well. Let's see how Philbin uses him.

Just picture having these three guys running all over the field causing mismatch nightmares for opposing defenses. Our TE's are young, quick, and eager to perform. Thankfully Clay will be used at TE now instead of FB. Let's see him do what he does best. Who knows in a couple of years Miami may have the best set of TE's in the division and not NE. You never know. I'm just happy to see Miami moving in a offensive direction and looking to make big plays with speed.

What do you see for our future because I think it's up and coming.

merge!

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Ha, they moved the other one already.

I'm wondering if letting Fasano go and picking up Winslow would hurt cap wise. If not a 5th rounder wouldn't be out of the question.

I agree, Fasano is in the upper half, he is so well rounded. I remember vs KC a few years ago, he trucked like 2 guys running into the endzone. He doesn't cause mismatches really, but thats what Clay/Egnew will be for. I really liked what Clay did as a receiver last year and I think with more experience and a full TC he should be much better. He made some pretty good catches and did good as far as YAC goes too if I recall.

Egnew, I think we will get him in every now and then but we'll see more of the other two most of the time. I really think he'll need some time to get bigger and more of an NFL TE. (but hey isn't that what everyone said about Jimmy Graham). Wouldn't that be great if he just went beast mode in his rookie year like Graham lol. But I saw a picture of him on Twitter sitting with Lamar and man, I had to go to wikipedia to find out what #wr he was. I didn't realize it was him! He looked like a skinny wideout tbh. No way he will be able to block on Fasano or even Clay's level yet..

But I'm quite intrigued by what we'll do with Fasano when his contract expires. Let him go to go with athleticism and youth or maybe extend him while we have youngins in the wings..

If you want people to read the hole thread. It might just be me, but i wouldn't put Winslow's name in the 1st sentence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fasano's future with the Dolphins could depend a lot on what Clay and Les Brown do this year.

Of course, Les Brown could be gone early. There were other teams interested in him. If they try to put him on the PS, he could get snatched.

Those last three roster spots could be especially difficult this year.

I totally agree look up film on Egnew and you to will be a believer. I am a fan from the early days and I have never seen so many fans who look for failure instead of supporting the Dolphins. Go coach go fins

Back
Top Bottom