Tight Ends... in general | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tight Ends... in general

I think my concern about drafting a TE early in a deep group is mostly about value. Having defined 1A and 1B receivers, how many targets are left to spread around, and would a second day draftee add enough value to the offense to justify the expense. Honestly, I'm thinking not, especially with the well known tendency of young TEs taking a few years to blossom.
I'd rather give Long a real chance and go bargain hunting in the draft. Trading down a bit from one of our 3s could facilitate this.

I won't lie. I'd be thrilled if Miami selected Kincaid.

For now, My preference would LaPorta with one of the 3rd round picks.

I won't lie. I'd be thrilled if Miami selected Kincaid.

For now, My preference would LaPorta with one of the 3rd round picks.
I'm not saying that I'd be unhappy or hold a grudge like some here... but I think we'd be smarter to find replacements for Roberts, Ogbah, and Wilson, than we would Gesicki.
TE is on my list though, so if a guy falls, then do it, but I'm looking for a guy who we are surprised is still available.

I'm not saying that I'd be unhappy or hold a grudge like some here... but I think we'd be smarter to find replacements for Roberts, Ogbah, and Wilson, than we would Gesicki.
TE is on my list though, so if a guy falls, then do it, but I'm looking for a guy who we are surprised is still available.
I assumed McDaniel would value the tight end position more considering how Kittle is used in SF. And maybe he would value the position more if he had a player like Kittle.

But, if Hill and Waddle continue to get the volume of passes they did this season, I think it's smarter to fill other positions and maybe add a blocking first tight end.

To me, getting the run game going needs to be the priority this offseason. To be even more specific, I mean the type of run game that can win short yardage at a better than average pace. That's really where the Dolphins struggled.

I assumed McDaniel would value the tight end position more considering how Kittle is used in SF. And maybe he would value the position more if he had a player like Kittle.

But, if Hill and Waddle continue to get the volume of passes they did this season, I think it's smarter to fill other positions and maybe add a blocking first tight end.

To me, getting the run game going needs to be the priority this offseason. To be even more specific, I mean the type of run game that can win short yardage at a better than average pace. That's really where the Dolphins struggled.
Absolutely agree... you've probably seen me banging the drum for a tough running receiving back.

I'm for another Mostert, another Ferrari.
I know that you always like speed, but in general... those guys dont get you the tough yards, and more than a few of them don't catch well either-- if they did, they would have been WRs since HS.

Musgraves, Laporta, the kid from South Dakota

D.Washington is a 3rd tackle on the field.He is equally good in pass pro as arun blocker.
He can be used as lead blocker,backside seal anywhere.in addition red zone nightmare
watch his film
If he’s that good of a blocker and he can occasionally sneak out on a route to catch the defense off guard I’d be really happy to have him here.

Back
Top Bottom