Tight Ends... in general | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tight Ends... in general

If TE is a need, and it is in Miami, you fill it in FA - not the draft. It's well and good to draft a TE to develop, but you don't go into a draft with needs at TE unless you think your team is a year or more away from competing.
Beyond that, IMO, R1 and R2 picks should never be "developmental" players like AJ and Iggy (who may never be ready for prime time). It's important your premium picks contribute right out of the box -- and of course "impact players" are the Kobe beef! That said, we've burned too much prime choice on stuff we could have gotten at a discount. I agree with your core assertion that TE (historically) is a low value premium pick. Better to make your wagers for more immediate contribution.

Daniel Jeremiah has Dalton Kincaid as his 10th overall prospect so it’s looking like he’ll never be a Fin.
He had a great interview on Sirius Radio. I like him, but no way he makes it to 51 IMO.

Very poor showing by the TE at the combine, all around.
My #1 TE in this class is Brenton Strange PSU, and I will have late 1st early 2nd grade on him.
Next best is Tucker Kraft late day 2.
Then day 3: Darnell, Kyle Patterson AF, Noah GIndorff, Travis Vokolek. That's it.

Very poor showing by the TE at the combine, all around.
My #1 TE in this class is Brenton Strange PSU, and I will have late 1st early 2nd grade on him.
Next best is Tucker Kraft late day 2.
Then day 3: Darnell, Kyle Patterson AF, Noah GIndorff, Travis Vokolek. That's it.

What benchmarks are you looking for?

Around 3.35 weight/height (3.30-3.40) Strict (for example 255 / 76)
Around 160 vert + broad (36 vert)
4.7 and lower 40
And then 7.1 and lower 3 cone.
Washington put up a 9.90 RAS at the combine. Puts him 11th overall out of 1020 TEs dating back to 1987. Kuntz (10.00) and Musgrave (9.94) actually scored even higher.

Personally speaking, this looks like an absolutely loaded TE class. Think you will still be able to pick up potential starters early day 3.

I like Payne Durham, but he was so slow.

Washington put up a 9.90 RAS at the combine. Puts him 11th overall out of 1020 TEs dating back to 1987. Kuntz (10.00) and Musgrave (9.94) actually scored even higher.

Personally speaking, this looks like an absolutely loaded TE class. Think you will still be able to pick up potential starters early day 3.

I did not like Washington's vertical, but you are probably right that he should be higher. His broad jump was impressive and his shuttle, 4.08 is really good.
I do not like the frame of Musgrave and Kuntz, Kuntz is 6-7. Their built is similar to Gesicki.

The biggest weak spot on the team for me is LG, followed by RT. Interior OL(Wypler/Schmitz, maybe Avila) should be doable in the 2nd and 3rd but I don't see an OT worth taking being there in those spots. Maybe Bergeron or Duncan slides but are they upgrades over AJax?

I view TE as a bit of a luxury, just because McD had Kittle in SF does not mean he needs an all world TE.

Back
Top Bottom