Tight Race Awaits The Wr’s In Our Dolphins 53 Man Pre-camp Roster Prediction | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tight Race Awaits The Wr’s In Our Dolphins 53 Man Pre-camp Roster Prediction

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score

It is safe to assume that Kenny Stills, DeVante Parker, Albert Wilson, and Jakeem Grant will all make the final 53 man roster. They are guarantees barring injury or a surprise trade. All four are expected to play a significant role in the Dolphins offense under new OC Chad O’Shea.
Beyond those four there are questions about who will make the cut. That will depend on whether or not Flores opts to keep five or six receivers on the roster. Considering that keeping four receivers only is not likely, the 5th receiver spot will be up for grabs and the competition through camp will be an interesting one.

https://phinphanatic.com/2019/07/17...ers-in-our-53-man-pre-camp-roster-prediction/

Williams will be the 5th imo..don’t think we keep a 6 on the active..out a could dudes on the ps.

I hope we at least stash a couple on the PS. We'll know more in 2 weeks as to where we stand with our receiver corps.

I hope we at least stash a couple on the PS. We'll know more in 2 weeks as to where we stand with our receiver corps.
I'm sure we will try, but I doubt Williams would last long on the PS. Some other team (pats?) would pick him up in a heartbeat.

I'm sure we will try, but I doubt Williams would last long on the PS. Some other team (pats?) would pick him up in a heartbeat.

Yeah I'm banking on him making the 53. As of right now he'd be gone within 30 minutes.

Yeah I'm banking on him making the 53. As of right now he'd be gone within 30 minutes.
I will go out a little farther on the limb and predict, not only does he make the roster, but see significant snaps, and makes an impact. Of course that is barring injury, or a relapse of bad judgement off the field.

I could see us carrying 6 receivers given our uncertainty with Grant and Wilson recovering from injury. We then have Parker who is both injury prone and has a greater chance of failure than success. That leaves us with Stills who is the only one reliable. We need two more guys who could step in.

I still believe there are significant ??? regarding the tots.

If Williams, Irwin, Ford and Butler impress -- I think we see

some trades and definitely some tot turnover...

BNF

We probably go with 5 eventually, but 6 initially due to Wilson and (to a lesser extent) Grant coming back from injuries (as was mentioned above).

Actually, with DeVante Parker's history, they might want to keep 6 all year, just in case.

I hope Preston Williams is clearly in the top 5. I don't think any of the rest can play, so it isn't relevant to me.

I could see us carrying 6 receivers given our uncertainty with Grant and Wilson recovering from injury. We then have Parker who is both injury prone and has a greater chance of failure than success. That leaves us with Stills who is the only one reliable. We need two more guys who could step in.
Think so too. We all want williams to be the 5th guy but who makes the sixth spot?

Think so too. We all want williams to be the 5th guy but who makes the sixth spot?
With the people on the roster now, you would hope a guy like Isaiah Ford surprises, because we used a draft pick on him.

But based on what I've already seen, it would be the "steady veteran" Brice Butler.

With the people on the roster now, you would hope a guy like Isaiah Ford surprises, because we used a draft pick on him.

But based on what I've already seen, it would be the "steady veteran" Brice Butler.
I think that’s most likely. Someone mentioned butler being hurt already and for some reason i think that does sound familiar. Hopefully Ford has bulked up a bit and is more seasoned now, maybe worthy of that 6th spot or just back up in general due to Parker’s health, Wilson and Grant.

Also, we are the dolphins so Kenny stills probably gets hurt at some point

Back
Top Bottom