Tight Race Awaits The Wr’s In Our Dolphins 53 Man Pre-camp Roster Prediction | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tight Race Awaits The Wr’s In Our Dolphins 53 Man Pre-camp Roster Prediction

I think that’s most likely. Someone mentioned butler being hurt already and for some reason i think that does sound familiar. Hopefully Ford has bulked up a bit and is more seasoned now, maybe worthy of that 6th spot or just back up in general due to Parker’s health, Wilson and Grant.

Also, we are the dolphins so Kenny stills probably gets hurt at some point

Horn and Irwin are complete unknowns, so who knows?

Also, we may be scouring other teams cuts and practice squads to upgrade that 6th spot.

If Wilson is iffy they may stash him on IR for 6 games, somewhat changing the dynamic of the starting 3 receivers, Parker and if Williams is who we all hope he is could get the other outside spot, he will have to prove he is a better option than Butler or Ford and we move Stills to the slot where he he seems to thrive.

I do like the dynamic of having height/size with Parker, Williams, Gilsicki and a speed option with Stills, Grant and Wilson when he returns, also adding the power option with the two tights we added in FA Allen and Walford and FB Cox. Believe if you can attack in a variety of different ways the more you'll find mismatches.

It looks like we only have 4 WR's that are a "lock" and 2 of them are coming off of injuries (unknown long term status) and another that has a history of nagging injuries... leaving Stills as the only reliable receiver on the team?

We have a couple others but they are "projected" to be camp cuts.... seems like keeping 6 may be the early answer

Does anyone out there have some insight on how this may play out?

Last edited:
I feel like they carry 5 WRs. If you carry a fb you carry 4 tight ends you carry 3 or 4 backs you aren’t carrying 6 WRs

I’m not sure they are carrying 4 tight ends. O’Leary may be odd man out if they feel cox can give them some of that

I see Walford as an obvious cut barring injury

Reports on Preston are encouraging but I think we need to pump the brakes a bit on the expectations of him this year. Let's see what he can do in TC, with the pads on.

Reports on Preston are encouraging but I think we need to pump the brakes a bit on the expectations of him this year. Let's see what he can do in TC, with the pads on.
There are those that feel he has low rd1 high rd2 talent. If that is truly the case (im not sure it is), no reason to pump the brakes.

I see plenty of physical talent, but there are reasons he went undrafted.

I know about the domestic issues, but they don't seem serious enough to me for a high round talent to drop completely out of the draft.

I don't know what to think, at this point.

The WR group might be the strongest unit on the team; that's of course if and when Wilson and Grant return to health. Preston Williams offers an intriguing skillset for sure, but does his off field stuff keep him off the roster? Does he show more than enough to make the 53 man roster and avoid the Practice Squad? Or is he another flash in the pan camp WR who just doesn't work out? The talent is most certainly there for him to cut out a niche on the 53. Time will tell and I'm certainly rooting for him. If he does somehow show major skills, that's one less position Miami needs to worry about moving forward.

There are those that feel he has low rd1 high rd2 talent. If that is truly the case (im not sure it is), no reason to pump the brakes.

I see plenty of physical talent, but there are reasons he went undrafted.

I know about the domestic issues, but they don't seem serious enough to me for a high round talent to drop completely out of the draft.

I don't know what to think, at this point.
I’m with you, the crimes don’t seem to fit the punishment, little perplexed

Back
Top Bottom