Tim Bowens To Make Return In 06'? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tim Bowens To Make Return In 06'?

I hate Rosenhaus, I can just imagine him saying "come on Timbo, you've got another year left in you... and I only need a few grand more for my private island."

i really dont think he wanted to retire anyway at least in my eye it didnt seem that way. it looked like we were rushing him out of miami to retire

His health is more important, he should retire. I bet he went and visited another doctor and got a second opinion.

"If he came back, it would be with the Dolphins. That goes without saying," Rosenhaus said.
That's what really stands out to me and I'm glad to hear regardless of whether he is able to return with us or not. I was thinking maybe because of the arguement he had with Dan Quinn that caused him to walk off the field irrate and the fact that we released him and that he didn't retire, that he might have some hostility towards the organziation. In my mind, just another example of TimBo showing that he is one of the most loyal players to this team in Franchise history, that's pretty rare now a day.

Well, if no one seems to think Ricky can play after a year off, why would it stand to reason Timbo can play after a year off? Enlighten me please!

rainmaker1313 said:
Well, if no one seems to think Ricky can play after a year off, why would it stand to reason Timbo can play after a year off? Enlighten me please!

You're comparing apples to oranges. Think about the differences between Ricky and Timbo. I'm not going to explain it.

byroan said:
You're comparing apples to oranges. Think about the differences between Ricky and Timbo. I'm not going to explain it.
More like comparing a bad apple :infins: to a WATERMELON :fatman: :lol:

But I personally I feel Ricky can play after a year off, but I am definitely not expecting him to return to his 2002 Pro Bowl form. And as for Bowens, I think the problem would be his age and the back injury he has. It's a bad situation he's in because he's not in his early 20's where he could heal really fast and a back injury is a serious injury. I would say one of the worst injuries someone can get, especially the older you get... because once your back goes out, you're in trouble and a lot pain... let alone be able to play football with a serious back injury? Forget it.... It's not that I don't think TimBo can sit out a season and come back and play productive with us, I just think his career is in far too much jepoardy with the injury that he has. But in terms of physical status, I don't see how anyone could think TimBo could sit out a season and return productively, and not Ricky. Ricky's problem isn't physically (other than weight and muscle and getting back into football shape which I think he can do), his problem is 90% mental. :crazy:

No disrespect to Timbo, but IMO, he should just take it lying down. He'll be older, out of the game and he really hasn't found form over the last few seasons due to injuries and all.

I'd love to see him sign on as Assistant D. Line coach or something like that. It'd be pretty cool to have him around...he and Seau.

painnotpleasure said:
In my mind, just another example of TimBo showing that he is one of the most loyal players to this team in Franchise history, that's pretty rare now a day.

Amen. YOU'RE THE MAN TIMBO!!!!!!!!!!!

byroan said:
A guy whose mind wasn't in the game for less than a year vs. a guy who's body is begging him not to be in the game for another year.

Bottom line: TimBo had an injury that will not allow him to return. I have spent years working with people with this type of back injury. He just won't return and make a substantial contribution. He could perhaps be a backup, but he will stand the risk of reinjury on each and every play. You can't have that type of injury and then withstand the constant banging that DTs take.

I can't figure out why anyone would draw a comparison to Ricky. Isn't it glaringly obvious that Ricky had no injury and TimBo did?

As much as I love TimBo and would love to see him on the field giving us what we're used to out of him. But I think he really needs to weight his options here. I'm sure he will, because I'd hate to see him carted off the field with a major back or neck injury and have that be our last memories of him.

Back
Top Bottom