Tim Levcik | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tim Levcik

The Grim Reaper

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Is it just me or does this guy look like he could very well be our future at QB. This guy throws 45-50 yard passes with hardly any effort yet the ball gets there in a hurry and his accuracy is better then any undrafted QB I have ever seen. If he continues his success in pre-season games, there's no reason he shouldn't be our Number 3 QB this season. He does need to add some muscle after this season but he looks like the real deal right now. I don't want to get my hopes up but I like what he has showed so far.

I like what he's shown but the only way to find out is to get this kid into game situations and let him try and handle the pressure. If he is going to be a good QB its probably at least 3 years down the road and might entail some NFL Europe.

But I will say this. He's not the most accurate strongest arm undrafted guy I've seen. Kurt Warner is. Which brings me to my point. Warner...Fiedler...Garcia. Garcia and Warner are probably the two best active fantasy QBs in the league. Both undrafted. The bottom line is that in the NFL there just isn't an accurate enough system of scouting to find guys that could be good NFL quarterbacks. And if I remember correctly, Levcik was the starting QB for Joe Walton's team which ran a pro style offense, a conservative one at that. Remember that the reason Chris Chambers slipped is because he was in run-oriented offense and caught a lot off play-actions and etc. Had he played in a run'n'gun or fun'n'gun or some kinda wide open offense, yeah he probably would have had unbelievable numbers and been a top 5-10 pick. Kurt Warner ended up going to a school where his talents weren't exposed for the world to see. Hence he went undrafted.

So the precedent is there, the line of logic, and then he's got the things you're looking for in a great QB. SIZE. ARM STRENGTH. Apparently he's got great DEEP ACCURACY. He seemed to have good intermediate accuracy as well. He's got great TOUCH. Former NFL Head Coach Joe Walton swears by the kid, a lot like other coaches were swearing by Fiedler and like Bill Walsh was swearing by Jeff Garcia. So far Levcik doesn't have his head into the playbook enough, and doesn't have quick enough feet, and seems to make bonehead moves sometimes.

I like what I am hearing about the guy...

...and for me he has already won the battle to be our third. But as to whether he's the future it's a bit like going out on a date: is she miss right or just miss right now??

With another great quarterback crop due in next year's draft he may never get there. On the other hand, Kurt Warner didn't get where he is today by being drafted no.1 overall and throwing his way to the top. He had to serve an apprenticeship in the NFL Europe.

I wish Tim well.

Personally I would prefer the route we've been taking with our QBs rather than going out and spending a 1st rounder on a guy that has a 50/50 chance of starting for you down the road somewhere, and even less of a chance of becoming good, and even less of a chance of becoming good FOR YOU, and almost NO chance of leading you to a super bowl which I believe has only been done like twice.

From the little of him that I saw in the scrimmage, he looked pretty poise in the pocket..and I did notice that arm strenght that you guys have been talking about. Like CK..QB's are too unpredictable today coming from college, even though I like what I saw in Houston's rookie QB the other night. A number 1 pick to me is someone who can come in and contribute from day 1..QB's take atleast a year to get adjusted to the speed of the NFL and another year to start feeling comfortable...even P. Manning went through this process and I think he's good. Hopefully Tim L..puts the time in and learn his playbook and works on his foot work..Who knows he could be our future..

I think its too early to declare him our future QB, but I like what I hear about him.

I've been watching QB T. Levcik since the QB schools...

The first time I saw him throw, he put a 20 yard bullet into the chest of slanting WR D. Ward.....N. Turner was so pumped, he high fived him....

This kid is big at 6-6 240. His arm is even bigger....

He'll need a year or two under J. Fiedler, but I think it's safe to say this kid could be our next QB.....

His mobility is in need of some work, and he'll improve with time, but from what I ve seen, I've been very impressed. This is coming from an undrafted rookie from Robert Morris college no less....

He's special, and I'm positive he'll be a great QB for the future....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Personally I would prefer the route we've been taking with our QBs rather than going out and spending a 1st rounder on a guy that has a 50/50 chance of starting for you down the road somewhere, and even less of a chance of becoming good, and even less of a chance of becoming good FOR YOU, and almost NO chance of leading you to a super bowl which I believe has only been done like twice.

What has only been done twice? Not 1st round qbs leading you to a SB because that is done almost every year, Aikmen, Elway, Montana, Bledsoe, Mcnair, and the rest goes on.

Originally posted by Dajesus

What has only been done twice? Not 1st round qbs leading you to a SB because that is done almost every year, Aikmen, Elway, Montana, Bledsoe, Mcnair, and the rest goes on.

I agree that 1st round QBs are often successful(Marino was a first rounder), but I think Montana was drafted in the third round.

Montana was a 2nd I believe, but still not a 1st. I think talent is talent and Levcik needs to be able to do the mental parts of the game and I'm envisioning a Tim Rattay type carerr for him. Great backup and maybe a solid spot starter, but never a big-time starter.

Just my take from so far. But hey, I'm wrong all the time about players I think will be great and so on.

I wasn't talking about 1st rounders going to the super bowl. I was talking about a quarterback winning the super bowl for the team he was drafted on. To my knowledge its only been done 2 or 3 times. Aikman is one. Brady is another. Elway was not drafted by the Broncos.

If I remember correctly B. Griese was drafted by the Dolphins and T. Bradshaw was drafted by Pittsburg...Dallas early QB who won in the 70's (can't believe I forgot his name) was drafted by Dallas..

I'm not sure they even had a draft back then. Or at least not in the form we have now? I know I've heard this statistic said over the air during games multiple times.

I don't know the specifics on "drafts" back then. But Bradshaw might be the 3rd guy that I couldn't remember.

Back
Top Bottom