Timbo vs. Suh | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Timbo vs. Suh

SmokyFin

Starter
Reaction score
For those that remember big Tim Bowens...who would you prefer at DT between him and Suh?

And just imagine the two of them together...

I wonder what kind of money Bowens would command in today's market?

I loved Bowens, but with the evolution of players and how fit they are, there's no comparison. Suh is an amazing athlete.

I might be in the minority here but I’m going to say Tim Bowens. I know, Suh is a once in a lifetime type of talent, but for the money I’ll take Bowen’s. Tim did his job and did it well. He made the pro bowl and was a steady but unspectacular force at DT. He originally teamed with Daryl Gardener and then with Larry Webster to form a very good DT combination giving Miami a run stopping force, the team hadn’t had in years.

As a rookie, Bowens started all 15 of the 16 games in which he appeared for the Dolphins at left tackle. He collected a season high nine tackles in a week six 21-11 victory over the Buffalo Bills on his way to a defensive line leading 52 tackles. Miami finished the season with a 10-6 record, good enough for the AFC East title. The defense led the NFL with 23 interceptions, also allowing an AFC second lowest 1,430 rushing yards. Bowens was named the NFL AP Defensive Rookie of the Year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...lphins-all-time-top-100-players-20-tim-bowens

Good times

As a rookie, Bowens started all 15 of the 16 games in which he appeared for the Dolphins at left tackle. He collected a season high nine tackles in a week six 21-11 victory over the Buffalo Bills on his way to a defensive line leading 52 tackles. Miami finished the season with a 10-6 record, good enough for the AFC East title. The defense led the NFL with 23 interceptions, also allowing an AFC second lowest 1,430 rushing yards. Bowens was named the NFL AP Defensive Rookie of the Year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...lphins-all-time-top-100-players-20-tim-bowens

Good times

Nice post and great times!! Ya we never ended up with the right QB or Dan was just too old but those days of getting picks and allowing 1 or negative yard gains is something I think I took for granted. I would do anything to have that team back. Certain plays I'll always remember like Surtain's pick vs Denver when Mare hit a 53 yder for the GW. We were stacked defensively. Brady still says the hardest D he ever went against was the early 2000's Dolphins. My brother's a Giants fan and I remember Madison helped win them a SB by playing with that same Defensive philosophy. It's a shame for guys that performed at such a high level just to get nothing out of it. Then Ricky came along yet still didn't have a QB lol Wonder why he said this is BS, I want to live longer than 30. Ricky still had a 10k yd career which speaks volumes of the talent he was. He could have been a top 5 RB of ALL Time IMO.

Back
Top Bottom