Time for a bold & Productive offseason....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Time for a bold & Productive offseason.......

TBH I’m not really concerned with Mayfield or Jackson. They both tend to disappear from games. Mayfield had over 22 minutes to score 12 points (to tie it) on a KC team with Chad Henne at QB. The same team Tua put up 17 points on in the 4th quarter with Parker, Grant and Gesicki out.

TBH I’m not really concerned with Mayfield or Jackson. They both tend to disappear from games. Mayfield had over 22 minutes to score 12 points (to tie it) on a KC team with Chad Henne at QB. The same team Tua put up 17 points on in the 4th quarter with Parker, Grant and Gesicki out.

100% agree. Lamar Jackson isn't winning any playoff games with his arm, and Mayfield is wildly inconsistent. Both QBs got carried by their running games this season (in Jackson's defense he's obviously a large part of that rushing attack).

Cleveland found a recipe to success this year: limiting Baker Mayfield's passing attempts. He threw it almost 100 times less in the same amount of games as in 2019. 11 less interceptions, too.

They're both at their best when their running game is dominant. If you ask either to win a game with their arm then you're in a heap of trouble.

Kansas City and Buffalo are the scary teams in the AFC, and the NFL for that matter. That's it.

I'm shocked that more fans haven't responded to this post! The Fins need to build around Tua and stop with all of the Watson talk which would set the franchise back another 3-5 years with it's lack of weapons and subsequent lack of draft capital that a trade would result in.
How much are you assuming it would take to get Watson? Even both of our firsts this year and one next year would leave us with a high 2nd, a mid round second, and enough money for at least one or two good FAs. We’d have plenty of resources to get weapons.

How much are you assuming it would take to get Watson? Even both of our firsts this year and one next year would leave us with a high 2nd, a mid round second, and enough money for at least one or two good FAs. We’d have plenty of resources to get weapons.
Yea but with not having first round picks you'd lose out on the tier 1 talent type playmaker types that would put this team on the right track.
Going past the 1st round becomes more of a crap shoot for us to get these type of players and beside that we have needs in multiple positions which we'll need to address.

Yea but with not having first round picks you'd lose out on the tier 1 talent type playmaker types that would put this team on the right track.
Going past the 1st round becomes more of a crap shoot for us to get these type of players and beside that we have needs in multiple positions which we'll need to address.
I said this in the other thread, but I think it bears repeating... about half of 1st round picks end up being busts.

Assuming that you lose out on tier one guys is a bit of a stretch considering the failure rate.

I'm shocked that more fans haven't responded to this post! The Fins need to build around Tua and stop with all of the Watson talk which would set the franchise back another 3-5 years with it's lack of weapons and subsequent lack of draft capital that a trade would result in.
Don't agree at all. Unless you give them 3 first rounds It would be a little dangerous to do it. But any Time you can land a TOP 5 proven QB you do It. Pair a TOP QB with a top Coach (I think Flores Is one) and a young team and you can compete. All QBs left in the playoffs are elite. Tua may be elite one day, Watson is elite today.

Just think of what surrounding cast Brady had when he was in New England.
He had a few good slot receivers and above average RB s .
He did also have a great coach.
I'm not saying Tua or Flo are equal to Tom and Bill.
I'm just saying Watson if he came to Miami would have what Bradley had. A great coach and above average WR and RBs.

Blows my mind people are hesitant to get Watson and want to wait and see what Tua has. Even if Tua pans out, who cares, we can get a guy that has already proven it. I remember the last time we passed on a franchise QB in Brees and look how long we are still waiting.

Back
Top Bottom