Time to get excited | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Time to get excited

phin1984!

Active Roster
Reaction score
The way I see things it’s time to get excited. If Rosen lights it up brilliant if not then we’ve got the draft to look forward to! Let’s get on the Rosen fan train until the end of the season. If he can perform under these circumstances then he really will have a chance to be a great player if he doesn’t roll on the draft.

The way I see things it’s time to get excited. If Rosen lights it up brilliant if not then we’ve got the draft to look forward to! Let’s get on the Rosen fan train until the end of the season. If he can perform under these circumstances then he really will have a chance to be a great player if he doesn’t roll on the draft.
I am with you. But I think you are asking too much from some posters. Rooting for the Dolphins is not in their 'playbook'.

Not a betting man, but I believe the Fins will beat the spread in Dallas. Should still come away with an "L", but Rosen should hold his own. I just pray that the line will do an adequate job so the kid comes away in 1 piece.

I am with you. But I think you are asking too much from some posters. Rooting for the Dolphins is not in their 'playbook'.
I think a vast majority of poster want to see a successful franchise, irrespective of how it is accomplished.

Much like politics, however, some put their own personal agenda ahead of what's best for the team, as a whole.

Not a betting man, but I believe the Fins will beat the spread in Dallas. Should still come away with an "L", but Rosen should hold his own. I just pray that the line will do an adequate job so the kid comes away in 1 piece.
That is the key. The line MUST get their **** together. Even if they do I don't expect anything close to perfection out of JR, but I, at the minimum, want to see some long drives, and some points scored. This 3 and out crap, for entire halfs, has to stop.

Well, it could be worse. We could be J-E-T-S fans. They've scored the 2nd least points in the league (2nd only to us), they have their shiny new QB Whisperer & they aren't supposed to be rebuilding.

It’s a shame it’s under these circumstances but maaaaaaan I have been waiting forever for the Dolphins to trot out someone who had potential. Tannehill, Gus Frerotte, Pennington...I could go on and on with the list of names that from day 1 we knew what we were getting. It’s refreshing to have a lottery ticket that could pan out in a big way.

I know the tank is the plan but it would be so great if Rosen can succeed somehow this season.

Well, it could be worse. We could be J-E-T-S fans. They've scored the 2nd least points in the league (2nd only to us), they have their shiny new QB Whisperer & they aren't supposed to be rebuilding.
Gase is a walking disaster. I can't for the life of me understand how he got another HC gig so soon, without going back to coordinator first. he, and the jests, deserve each other.

Im rooting for Rosen baby lets go I hope he surprises the world and plays lights out

Unfortunately I see Rosen getting beat up today and quite possibly injured. This is not the game you want to start him.

Unfortunately I see Rosen getting beat up today and quite possibly injured. This is not the game you want to start him.

So far he has looked good with the complete lack of talent around him.

When Miami traded for Rosen, the very next step should have been to rebuild the (entire, IMO) o-line. Why? First, a strong running game would really help out a young QB, and Flores said that he wanted to be able to run the ball but Miami's o-line was woefully incompetent when it comes to run-blocking. (This was due to Philbin and Gase hating the run and preferring to use the short pass in its place.) Second, Miami should be able to go for a top-ranked QB in next year's draft, but if Rosen works out, then they can use those top picks elsewhere. BUT, how can you evaluate a young QB if you don't give him a running game or adequate pass protection?

Other teams, with the right personnel running the show, have shown that you can turn around a bad team fairly quick if you know what you're doing and find a decent QB. Building a new o-line and adding the ability to run the ball was needed for THIS season, so the team can see what they have in Rosen. Then, if he's not the one, they'll still have a good, solid foundation for the next QB. I don't believe in going 0-16 to "Tank For Tua"; I'd prefer seeing a competitive team this season which would only get better next year as the talent level on the roster is increased and the coaching staff gets more experience.

What I've see so far is an offense that struggles to score because they have no competent o-line (which means poor pass protection most of the time and terrible run-blocking with no running game), and too many errors. It really sucked watching decent drives derailed by a dropped pass or fumble, and a nice on-side kick recovery called back due to a Dolphin being offside. Their defense is terrible against the run, but the offense should be putting a lot more points on the board!

Liked what I saw from Rosen today. Far from ready to crown him the next franchise qb but was a good first look in a real game. If I’m the coaches the wr’s are catching 500 balls a day this week.

Back
Top Bottom