Time to re-sign Turk | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Time to re-sign Turk

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Redskins | Tupa Comes Aboard - from www.KFFL.com
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 21:38:46 -0800

ESPN.com reports the Washington Redskins have reached a contract agreement with free agent P Tom Tupa (Buccaneers) on a four-year, $3.7 million deal that includes a $675,000 signing bonus. The Redskins mark the seventh different team Tupa has played for and this will be his 16th season in the league.

the %$#% SKins - is this MLB or what :confused:

seriously, we have been messing around w/Turk who is better than Tupa. There are no good alternatives to Turk out there I know of unless we are gonna draft a P (anyone worth it late rds ?)

Yes I agree, sign Turk! As soon as we signed him to replace Royals last year we ceased having punting issues.

Tupa has been horrible since he left the Jets.

We need to get both our special teamers signed, Turk & Perry.

Turk was one of the few bright spots last year. Is Wanny ready to give Royals another shot? :eek:

Give the guy a multi-year, fair contract and then you are set at Punter. For as much as Wanny likes to play D and the field position game, why is this an issue? :confused:

Well, I guess Ricky is calling the shots now, but if I was Wanny I would be pushing him to get Turk inked.

Originally posted by Thundercracker
stemke!! stemke!!!!

The punter I would like to see us sign is the ol' Aussie Darren Bennett.
He is rated the #2 punter available after Gardocki, who the Steelers just signed.

As ESPN Insider says:
Bennett will be 39 next season, but he has yet to show any signs of slowing down. He has outstanding leg power, a great leg whip and consistently follows through. Placed 28 punts inside the 20 and averaged 41.9 yards per attempt last year. Very consistent. Excellent at placing punts and is one of the league's better pooch punters. A field-position weapon. Gets excellent hangtime, gets rid of the ball quickly, has good hands, and can handle pressure. Booms the ball and rarely has bad days. Poor supporting cast is the main reason behind his three touchdowns allowed in the last two seasons. Bennett stays in great physical shape, is excellent overall, and should be productive for at least another couple of years.

Wasn't Darren Bennett the guy who broke Rod Woodson's nose on a punt return?? Or was that John Kidd??

Originally posted by Muck
Wasn't Darren Bennett the guy who broke Rod Woodson's nose on a punt return?? Or was that John Kidd??

I don't know, but Bennett used to play Australian rules football, and that's played without pads and can get pretty rough so I doubt if he is afraid to mix it up.

why do the dolphins have a hard time even when were only talking about a punter we sign a 3rd string QB for are starter how do you think were doing here

Nate Mckinny Appalachian State. Okay so our last App State punter didnt work out well (Royals) but this kid can kick.

Back
Top Bottom