Time to start Fonoti? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Time to start Fonoti?

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm sick and tired of seeing NO PUSH on the OL. Maybe Hadnot at Center is the biggest culprit, but I nonetheless want to see Fonoti get his massive self in the game at OG and kick some butt.

He started before....i think during the Lions game. But yea, the guy is a man among men, he would've plowed Stroud or Henderson into the dirt.

The OL played fine... great at times especially inside. NO one runs on Jacksonville up the middle, so you're just wasting your breath.

MiamiDolphins34 said:
With him in there Joey wouldnt have gotten sacked so many times.

Actually, the weak part of Fonoti's game is pass protection. And well, most of the pressure in today's game came from the outside left, and even though the pocket was enormous, Joey still felt the need to drop back 8 yards.

SigmaOmega said:
He started before....i think during the Lions game. But yea, the guy is a man among men, he would've plowed Stroud or Henderson into the dirt.

He didn't start in that game.

MiamiDolphins34 said:
With him in there Joey wouldnt have gotten sacked so many times.

I don't know about that. The sacks I saw came from the edge.

bakedmatt said:
He didn't start in that game.
Beat me to it, he didn't start but played some late in the game once the win was assured. Saban said they used it as a chance to just get the guy some reps.

Joneal7 said:
i didnt see the game..but did he get to play today?

No, and there was no need. The OL had a decent game, and Jacox's jersey number was not called. Up and down, but relatively good pass protection.

SigmaOmega said:

you're seriously overestimating Fonoti's abilities. Stround and Henderson are arguably the elite DT tandem in the NFL. Our overweight, out of work Fonoti would've gotten killed today.

Back
Top Bottom