Timmons AWOL?? | Page 47 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Timmons AWOL??

Only thing I need to know is he will be there for 15 games or after his team suspension.

Cause I see him not being there as putting a ceiling on our season.

Only thing I need to know is he will be there for 15 games or after his team suspension.

lol relax, he isn't that good. 3 years ago he was. Now he's a declining player who can't cover anymore and misses too many tackles.

lol relax, he isn't that good. 3 years ago he was. Now he's a declining player who can't cover anymore and misses too many tackles.

And waters our endzone with digestive juices......

Too much speculation here, we need to know what happened before we come to these conclusions.

Fine him one game check and the old Belichick sit the 1st quarter and put it to bed. Punish Timmons not the team.

Interesting if this is completely true. He missed a couple team deadlines. Let him play after another week off then

This is bizarre. If he wasn't cognitively impaired, this implies he was basically abandoning the team. It sounds like maybe he was pissed at the team, maybe at Gase for who knows what, and just stormed off and said **** it. That's all assuming he didn't have some sort of mental health episode. I don't think he comes back any time soon if that was the case.

This situation is so f***** up lol, I can't believe this f****** guy. Play the damn game fool, we need you out there and you probably know that, smfh. You signed a contract now honor it jacka**.

Simple solution.

Blow his a$$ OUT!

Dump him like a pile of doggie doo!

End of story.

You miss the bus. You're no longer with us.

So it's looking more like a temper tantrum than a mental breakdown. He likely missed a meeting and Gase told him he was not starting which would end his streak. Maybe that streak meant a lot to him and he overreacted. Hopefully both sides calm down and get this worked out because our lb situation might be the worse in the league right now.

My question - **** what happened, we are beyond that point now.....

...where the hell is he?

Is he home? Is he in Miami?

Is he coming to practice tomorrow?

What's the deal?

He sure looked like a player in that 3rd preseason game. That dude can fix what ails us. He was a step ahead of the blocking schemes. Range looked pretty good to me.

Truth is there aren't many high level cover backers in the nickel anyways. They want range to limit the gains.

Catch a ISO dump off get 6 instead of 9 etc.

And he has Zone route concept awareness that no one but Kiko has

So it's looking more like a temper tantrum than a mental breakdown. He likely missed a meeting and Gase told him he was not starting which would end his streak. Maybe that streak meant a lot to him and he overreacted. Hopefully both sides calm down and get this worked out because our lb situation might be the worse in the league right now.

Sounds like the most likely explanation at this point...

James Walker‏Verified account @JamesWalkerNFL 3m3 minutes ago
The Miami Dolphins suspended starting LB Lawrence Timmons indefinitely, the team announced on Tuesday. Timmons... http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0701889029674635447-4 …

Armando Salguero‏Verified account @ArmandoSalguero 9m9 minutes ago
Next up for Lawrence Timmons...get ready to lose some of that guaranteed money the team is going to try to recoup.

Miami Dolphins‏Verified account @MiamiDolphins 20m20 minutes ago
We have suspended linebacker Lawrence Timmons indefinitely.

ya well so much for a semi- happy resolution here..

I would love to see the language of his contract. There is usually language requirement repayment of bonuses for various offenses.... like with Ricky Williams, and Dion Jordan.

Suspended indefinitely is interesting wording.

My gut says they are about to make the case that he breached his contract. If that is the case, and I were the fins, I would go after him hard for #1 the money and #2 suspension for the entire season.

If they can prove that he basically said "i got my money F** you" because he didn't get his way about something, that would have to be breach of contract. And, I think the commissioner has the power to suspend players beyond the team's CBA abilities. You could make the case that would be the right thing for the commissioner to do. It protects players and owners. Owners know they can't be bilked out of up front money. Players know the owners will continue to sign them to up front money.

Back
Top Bottom