Tired of the media Mac Jones love | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tired of the media Mac Jones love

brumdog44

Club Member
Reaction score
4 games.....Patriots have put up 18 points per game and have scored 6 touchdowns in 4 games. If he wasn't in New England, he'd just be pushed as another struggling rookie. 4 games in and he has to have a game with 10 yards per completion.

Am I missing something?

I don’t think that’s it. You have to understand how the media works. It wasn’t that long ago - maybe 6 or 8 months ago - the media doubted Mac Jones and called him just another Bama quarterback.

They literally doubted his ability to even play in the NFL.

I can take you directly to posts on this board where some wanted to bet that Mac Jones never started 16 games in the NFL and never posted a winning record.

The media had been busy hyping up Trevor Lawrence as the best thing since football was invented for the past 3 years - and overhyped all the other QB’s in the class from Zach Wilson to Justin Fields to Trey Lance.

So far all the other QB’s have shown is the ability to miss wide open receivers and throw it to the other team. Mac Jones can read defenses and is accurate.

So the media can’t have their love fest with all those other QB’s anymore. They’d look like….well…….idiots.

So they have to pretend they never said any of those things about Mac Jones.

That’s what’s really going on.

Git’em Big Mac. No fries!

I don’t think that’s it. You have to understand how the media works. It wasn’t that long ago - maybe 6 or 8 months ago - the media doubted Mac Jones and called him just another Bama quarterback.

They literally doubted his ability to even play in the NFL.

I can take you directly to posts on this board where some wanted to bet that Mac Jones never started 16 games in the NFL and never posted a winning record.

The media had been busy hyping up Trevor Lawrence as the best thing since football was invented for the past 3 years - and overhyped all the other QB’s in the class from Zach Wilson to Justin Fields to Trey Lance.

So far all the other QB’s have shown is the ability to miss wide open receivers and throw it to the other team. Mac Jones can read defenses and is accurate.

So the media can’t have their love fest with all those other QB’s anymore. They’d look like….well…….idiots.

So they have to pretend they never said any of those things about Mac Jones.

That’s what’s really going on.

Git’em Big Mac. No fries!
I'd have to say that if Mac Jones weren't playing in New England, we wouldn't be seeing this kind of love. In terms of someone on this board wanting to bet that Mac Jones never made 16 starts....I'm not sure what that has to do with this thread. In terms of Mac jones being able to read defenses and be accurate.....it has translated to a dink and dump 9 yard average catch that is scoring at an 18 point clip. At the end of the day, what he's done in the first four games is similar to what Tua did in his first four......except Tua hadn't thrown any pick, his team had actually scored points, and won. But Tua is generally not liked by the fan base and Jones has 'a bright future'.

Yeah, i don't get the infatuation with him... nothing really jumps out to me with his play.

He is smart and accurate. I’d compare him to Chad Pennington. His arm is not great.

What’s amazing about this to me, is that Jones has a far superior Oline, and I would imagine a much better set of weapons when you consider what Tua had last year. It’s mind boggling to me how Tua is a complete bust, but all of these rookie QBs are having far less success than Tua had last year, but they are still considered better prospects.

Herbert’s success does not equal Tua is a bust. I understand that Herbert and Tua will be forever linked, but if you can’t separate Herbert’s success from equaling Tua as a bust, and actually see what Tua is doing with his own successes, then you will never be able to see the big picture.

Back
Top Bottom