Tired of the what can you do for me now junk... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tired of the what can you do for me now junk...

SR 7

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
you know whats interesting, people talk abotu a shut down corner or stout DT things of that nature but dont seem to realize how the COlts won. Bad defense stepped up decently darn well in the playoffs but the offense besides manning stepped it up. If the ST were to have missed 1 FG in any of those games besides the one they actually missed in the SB i believe it was, they would nevre have made it this far. They took EVERY POINT POSSIBLE and made sure they capitalized on every possession. Mare lost us 3 games himself. add those 3 games we woudl ahve been 9 and 7 and in the playoffs due to winning out the tie breaker scenario. If we dont fix the things that need to be fix we are screwed as usual. Next i hear this stuipd QB rumor with ATL and a trade? why do we always take other ppls PLAYERS/leftovers? why can't we get someone from the damn draft? its as if this team is sooooo scared to draft a QB b/c they dont expect any IMPACT to occur in the first year so they go Defense, Defense, and Defense. why not a LT? b/c it doesnt put up points? or donest Sack neone? or make INT's? or a C? asme reasons?

This team needs players taht come through day in and day out.

taking a LT taht doesnt put up points will go a long way by letting RB move the chains and that would allow us to score points b/c of shorter yardages needed to move the darn cahins we can't do.

Miami always wants to go for the WHAT WILL THIS PLAYER DO FOR ME RIGHT NOW instead of waht can he do for me in 2 years or later. Thats hwy we are in a **** hole. Saban went n' got old defensive players b/c they are PROVEN but if you dont give the damn young guys you draft a chance how on earth will they prove to you if they can or can't?

if we have a top 10 offense wiht a top 10 defense we can get into the playoffs and farther. btu when you have a top 5 defense and a 15-20 offense you aren't going anywhere. look at the bears, they coudlnt sotp manning obvoulsy but they couldn't hang either.

nice .. I feel your anger.

I kind of feel pretty much like you. I think this whole getting (proven) vets for picks was more a product of the wannstedt era. saban also did some crazy stuff with vet players. but he was obsiously looking for quick results and as long as the Mr Holliday and Mr Carter were sacking QB's or stomping RB' behind the LOS, we were cool with that. But (and I'm only referring to our DLine) we really suffered a few taff losses during the Saban era. In his first year, Vickerson went down and was placed on the IR, then we picked Rod Wright (and others) and he went straight on IR after he signed his contract and when the young players were ready to go our Dline was pretty much lights out.

rumors like *Schaub to Miami* is nothing more than a rumor. let them discuss stuff like that, it's still better than what this community usually talks about. guys like you and me know that it's not going to happen. but is still fun reading all of these desperate poster that don't have faith in Daunte.

just my $0.02 (hmm maybe it's more like $0.10 ;))

you know whats interesting, people talk abotu a shut down corner or stout DT things of that nature but dont seem to realize how the COlts won. Bad defense stepped up decently darn well in the playoffs but the offense besides manning stepped it up. If the ST were to have missed 1 FG in any of those games besides the one they actually missed in the SB i believe it was, they would nevre have made it this far. They took EVERY POINT POSSIBLE and made sure they capitalized on every possession. Mare lost us 3 games himself. add those 3 games we woudl ahve been 9 and 7 and in the playoffs due to winning out the tie breaker scenario. If we dont fix the things that need to be fix we are screwed as usual. Next i hear this stuipd QB rumor with ATL and a trade? why do we always take other ppls PLAYERS/leftovers? why can't we get someone from the damn draft? its as if this team is sooooo scared to draft a QB b/c they dont expect any IMPACT to occur in the first year so they go Defense, Defense, and Defense. why not a LT? b/c it doesnt put up points? or donest Sack neone? or make INT's? or a C? asme reasons?

This team needs players taht come through day in and day out.

taking a LT taht doesnt put up points will go a long way by letting RB move the chains and that would allow us to score points b/c of shorter yardages needed to move the darn cahins we can't do.

Miami always wants to go for the WHAT WILL THIS PLAYER DO FOR ME RIGHT NOW instead of waht can he do for me in 2 years or later. Thats hwy we are in a **** hole. Saban went n' got old defensive players b/c they are PROVEN but if you dont give the damn young guys you draft a chance how on earth will they prove to you if they can or can't?

if we have a top 10 offense wiht a top 10 defense we can get into the playoffs and farther. btu when you have a top 5 defense and a 15-20 offense you aren't going anywhere. look at the bears, they coudlnt sotp manning obvoulsy but they couldn't hang either.

But Sr, our defense was top 5 because of that DL. There's no arguing that. If Mare lost 3 games by himself, than I'd say our secondary lost 3 games as well.

Do you know what a momentum killer it is to push an offense back or hold them to 3rd and 10 only to have them convert on a pass play or a pass interference?

I don't know if you were referring to Samuels or Clements when you spoke on quick fixes but those guys are young and bound to be productive for quite some time.

Levi Brown is nice, but our offense did well running the ball this year. It's the big play ability we really lack and more importantly a healthy franchise QB.

So you're looking for "what can you do for me later" players? Im not defending N. Satan, but with FA, injuries, and the continual changes among a teams depth chart, there is no such luxury in the NFL as to wait. You also dont play these inexperienced players just for the sake of getting them in the game. They develop by learning from the vets that are either with the team or have been aquired from FA. Of course you build through the draft, but you always play the best player who gives you the best chance of winning.

If you pay somebody millions of dollars, they should produce right now. Not tomorrow or the next day. This team needs help and needs it right now. Start winning now and you can afford to wait for other players to develop. Most QBs take a few years to develop. Do you want to wait another 3 years with losing seasons, while one develops. Not me. Same with the O-Line. Those are a group of guys that need to gel together.

I tell you what, let's draft a QB in the first round. The second, third, fourth and fifth rounds we get O-Lineman. Then we start all of them together. We will quickly become the Texans with the a young QB that has been sacked more than any other QB....ever! I'm sure we can still win a game or two.:shakeno:

The Colts won the SB due in large to Manning realizing that the undersized "D" need to rest between series. Ball control and manufactoring first downs are an overlooked statistic.

Saban and his draft picks? Heck the first 100 are known it's the day two guys put a team over the hump.

Is it just me, or was it just a few weeks ago that you voiced concern that the Phins were concentrating too much on the offense this offseason:confused:

The Colts won the SB due in large to Manning realizing that the undersized "D" need to rest between series. Ball control and manufactoring first downs are an overlooked statistic.

Saban and his draft picks? Heck the first 100 are known it's the day two guys put a team over the hump.

I've had Peyton all year in Fantasy Football. Actually, I've had him for the past 3 years in our keeper league. And I've watched nearly every Colts game this year.

Peyton did not change his play during the post-season. That was not what the key ingredient. The Colts went to a ball control offense a few years ago. The time consuming drives and short game have been in full effect for the past few years. As a matter of fact, while watching a late season game, the announcer noted that Indy averaged the lowest number of possessions per game than any other team in the NFL. Due mostly in part to their deliberate style of play.

One thing many people forgot to notice this year was a little publicized trade late in the season. Indy acquired "Booger" McFarland from the Bucs for a draft pick. As Indy did suffer some injuries on their, already out manned, DLine. Late in the year, having been there only a few weeks, Booger noted to Tony Dungy that the defense was starting to look like Tampa's old D. Also floating under the radar was the return of Bob Sanders. It was about this time the playoff's started and the biggest regular-season-to-post-season defensive turnaround, in modern history, occurred.

Make no mistake, Indy's defense has always been rested with Peyton at the helm. The Colts actually owe a debt of gratitude to Booger and Bob Sanders. Those 2 guys single handedly transformed that Defense.

im tired of the 'what have you done for me lately' feeling towards daunte, the man is a multiple pro bowl qb and wearing a dolphins uniform.

do i really have to say who are last pro bowl qb was?

im tired of the 'what have you done for me lately' feeling towards daunte, the man is a multiple pro bowl qb and wearing a dolphins uniform.

do i really have to say who are last pro bowl qb was?

You are mistaken though. It's not, "What have you done for me lately?" It's "What have you done for me?"

We are all hoping that changes. But as of now, the answer is nothing and that is undebatable.

You are mistaken though. It's not, "What have you done for me lately?" It's "What have you done for me?"

We are all hoping that changes. But as of now, the answer is nothing and that is undebatable.

a qb rating of 77 is more than nothing, two good games in a row against the titans and texans is something to build on.

i remember in 04 we wouldve killed for a 77 qb rating.

i agree with everything u said except this....

Mare lost us 3 games himself. add those 3 games we woudl ahve been 9 and 7

football is a team sport, there is never a game where one player loses a game by themself. i dont care if its by a last second missed 10 yd fg, theres a reason y he had to kick that fg, its because the defense couldnt stop the other team on one possesion that gave them the a lead...or because the offense got stopped on a possesion in which they could have scored and would have gained the lead.....or the special teams could have scored, or gotten better field position, or gave the other team worse field position, football is a team sport, and you said it yourself, you can go anywhere with a good defense and bad offense, or vice versa....you cant blame the loss of 3 games on mare....every game any football team loses, they lose together, and every game any football team wins, they win together. dont get caught in the media because they like to single out players and make it seem as if there was one or two people that were the reasons for wins or losses

a qb rating of 77 is more than nothing, two good games in a row against the titans and texans is something to build on.

i remember in 04 we wouldve killed for a 77 qb rating.

You are what your record says you are. Daunte Culpepper is a 1-3 QB.
Victories are what count. QB rating is just another stat.

Name the most important stat the Colts put up all last year: 29 - 17 Colts.

if that was the case thenw hy did manning basically create this no huddle offense? if he wants to "rest" his defense? that iddnt matter, it was the sole fact that evreytime manning had the chance to get on the field, he KNEW he would score. I have nevre seen a QB disect a defense like that in my life. Thats why he was so confident. kind of lik ekobe, he knows he can score whenever he wants to.

Considering he wasnt healthy as evidenced by his placement on IR late in the season and his minor knee scope on 11/30/06 i would say that daunte showed he had heart by trying to come back this year and his 1-3 record is better than what most other qb's with the same injury would have produced.

the man has pro bowl talent, next year he will be at full strength and he will show the haters what the dillio is just like he did in 04

Back
Top Bottom