Titans 2004 salary cap worse then Miami's | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Titans 2004 salary cap worse then Miami's

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
The salary cap next season is expected to be between $78.7 million and $79.2 million per team.

The Titans already have $95,109,075 in salary-cap dollars committed to next season and more than $70 million of that salary-cap space is committed to just 11 players.

Of the 53 players on the current active roster, 35 are under contract for next season. Three players on injured reserve  kicker Joe Nedney, cornerback Andre Woolfolk, safety Thomas Wright  are also under contract for next season.

So the Titans have at least 18 roster spots to fill and are already at least $15.9 million over the projected salary cap.

The Titans have just over $4.155 million in dead money included in their 2004 total.

And Kearse.

I think the best thing for Tennesse to do is tag Jevon, and hope someone gives up some picks for him.

McNair ain't getting any younger.

Being that far over, it's unlikely that they will be able to clear enough cap space to tag him.

They have a couple guys on that team making way to much money. I think they'll once again not have a major problem getting under the cap, but once again, won't be able to sign anyone.

Its rare you see guys like Kearse hit the open market.

While the situation does look pretty bad for the Titans, let's remember they were in a very bad cap situation last off-season too, and look at them now.

They are in the playoffs and we are not.

Either way, they are going to have to let some players go, but there's no way the Dolphins go spending big bucks for Kearse if he's out there.

I think Kearse is OVERRATED anyway, he's always hurt and is not the passrusher he's made out to be. JT is far better.

Originally posted by Mindwarp
omg dont tell Dave that Krese is avalible.. he might trade all our draft picks for him..

I don't remember Dave ever trading all our draft picks before

Anyway, hes no the GM anymore

This is bad news fellas. If Kearse hits the open market, guess who has a need for DE and lots of cap room? Buffalo......

Dave gets his DEs cheap. Meuller is not a GM to overspend and neither is Modrak.

Titans have a great drafting department so they should be ok.

I would rather have O-Gunleye go to Buffalo and them have to give us a 1st rounder than Kearse go there with no benefits to us.

Back
Top Bottom