Tivo | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tivo

Cranx

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I just wanted to remind all of you that have Direct TV and who get the NFL package TO GET TIVO!!! I know the unit isn't cheap (about $250-$300 depending upon where you get it) but it will eliminate the when and where guessing games and will literally change the way you watch TV.

Instead of having to plan your schedule around the times ESPN, Fox, or some other channel is airing something on the 'Fins, you can easily just select it on the Tivo unit and it does the rest for you. NFL Live, Sunday Night Countdown, and all of your other favorite football (or otherwise) related shows can be set up as season passes so you'll never have to worry about missing an airing!!

I know I sound like a Tivo salesman but I've had the thing for about a year now and it's probably the single greatest piece of home entertainment equipment I've ever purchased so I just wanted to share that with the rest of you. Seriously, if you can get one of these things, do so now and you'll thank me (and yourself for forking over the cash) later because it will literally change the way you watch TV.

Remember Mods, this is Dolphins related as I geared the entire post towards recording Dolphins' related programming so don't be moving this on me. :D Thanks.

:up:

I agree, I purchased a NEW Hughes DirectTV TIVO unit for $219.00 including shipping and tax just about 2 months ago... It really is everything EXPO says....

TiVo Rocks. If you watch TV, it's the greatest thing in the world. And I can't even GET NFL Sunday Ticket. But it still gets me anything else Phin related, and whatever other shows I watch.

I must admit, I am jealous. Howver, I will have to remain jealous for the time being because I am trying topurchase a house, my first, which pretty much gobbles up all of my money. For everyone who lives in Northern California, or California in general, you know how much money it is to even buy a house so you know I can't afford Tivo. :( Of course, if you guys wanted to donate a system to the FILL SAMPHIN"S NEW EXPENSIVE HOUSE WITH COOL GIFTS FUND please feel free. :)

Houses in NoCal=empty wallets; you have my sympathy bro as I've been looking for a reasonable place here in Orange County for a while now. The amount of unreasonableness (yaaaayyy!! I made up a word :rolleyes: ) is about equivalent down here.

To put in in perspective for those out of staters. A 3,000 sq. foot new house in Northern California runs roughly 1 mil. Compare that to houses anywhere else in the states (excluding Hawaii, although I think we passed them recently as most expensive place to live ever) and you will see the vast disparity in housing costs. Be thankful you live where you live if you don't live here. Although, strangely enough, I wouldn't want to move out of California for the life of me.

Tivo is a dream for me too. Seems so far away. :(

:lol:

Originally posted by Samphin
To put in in perspective for those out of staters. A 3,000 sq. foot new house in Northern California runs roughly 1 mil. Compare that to houses anywhere else in the states (excluding Hawaii, although I think we passed them recently as most expensive place to live ever) and you will see the vast disparity in housing costs. Be thankful you live where you live if you don't live here. Although, strangely enough, I wouldn't want to move out of California for the life of me.

OC is right there as well, with houses running from $750k-$1 Million+ depending upon where you want to live (assuming the same 3,000 square feet.) I've been looking in more of the 2,000 sq. ft. range which will run you between the high $300's to the high $400's. Housing is ridiculous if you want to live in Cali.

TiVo just might be the best purchase I've made all year. I don't regret a single penny of it.

Back
Top Bottom