TMZ: Xavien Howard accused of repeated abuse (911 Call) (Same Incidient) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TMZ: Xavien Howard accused of repeated abuse (911 Call) (Same Incidient)

Dude has missed 25% of his games due to injury and now this BS? Innocent until proven guilty, but if so....cut him. We have been without him a large % of the time anyways! Hopefully we can recoup and not have dead money if this end up being true!

Has he been PROVEN guilty yet?

Didn't think so!
If you had to bet on his guilt/innocence, where's your $ going? I know it's a hypothetical, but be honest.

He pretty much got a pass the first incident, and admitted it.

He doesn't get a pass going forward.

TMZ is like the National Inquireror, but there's usually fire when they report smoke. Many famous ppl can just lay low, pay a lawyer, and wait til it blows over.

The NFL, however, doesn't play that game, and they don't, necessarily, wait for a conviction to take action.

So to be clear this is not a second incident, it's the 911 tape from the incident previously reported and during the call she said he has a history of abusive behavior that she didn't report. During the incident she did report she said he grabbed her arms and held her against a wall mirror and when he let go she fell. Still not good for Howard, but if true you don't have an incident involving a punch, kick, slap or shove. She says aher boy friend, who was on crutches grabbed her arms and held her against the wall. Obviuosly I wasn't there, but this could easily be painted by a defense attorney of a case of a injured person grabbing his upset wifes arms in an efffort to protect himself and when he let go, as she said, she fell. If this is considered an abuse case it's going to be considered a very minor one. As for her claims that he's been abusive in the past, that's just hearsay at this point and not really a factor unless she has some evidence to collaborate the claim. This is why domestic and sexualt assault cases are so hard, it's often one persons claim against another with little witnesses and little evidence.

Good point actually.

If you had to bet on his guilt/innocence, where's your $ going? I know it's a hypothetical, but be honest.

TMZ is like the National Inquireror, but there's usually fire when they report smoke. Many famous ppl can just lay low, pay a lawyer, and wait til it blows over.

The NFL, however, doesn't play that game, and the don't, necessarily, wait for a conviction to take action.
To be clear, this isn't a separate instance from what I can tell it's just the 911 call finally being released from his original charge

The NFL, however, doesn't play that game, and the don't, necessarily, wait for a conviction to take action.

This is the same 911 call from his first incident.

So to be clear this is not a second incident, it's the 911 tape from the incident previously reported and during the call she said he has a history of abusive behavior that she didn't report. During the incident she did report she said he grabbed her arms and held her against a wall mirror and when he let go she fell. Still not good for Howard, but if true you don't have an incident involving a punch, kick, slap or shove. She says aher boy friend, who was on crutches grabbed her arms and held her against the wall. Obviuosly I wasn't there, but this could easily be painted by a defense attorney of a case of a injured person grabbing his upset wifes arms in an efffort to protect himself and when he let go, as she said, she fell. If this is considered an abuse case it's going to be considered a very minor one. As for her claims that he's been abusive in the past, that's just hearsay at this point and not really a factor unless she has some evidence to collaborate the claim. This is why domestic and sexualt assault cases are so hard, it's often one persons claim against another with little witnesses and little evidence.
Nice post brother.

I'm not sure what X is worth as far as trade value, but if someone wanted to give the Phins a 1st at this point I'd be shocked if they didn't at least entertain trading him.

All of this is just bad news. It's a difficult thing on so many levels. You don't want to throw away a good player over allegations. It would give the wrong message to the players. But when it involves a player possibly abusing a female, I would find it difficult to blame the Phins if they decided to get rid of said player.

To be clear, this isn't a separate instance from what I can tell it's just the 911 call finally being released from his original charge

It clearly says the girl is saying it has happened multiple times.

WTH does the 911 call have to do with anything?

Sorry but...the dude is proving to be as stupid as he's always seemed...

As always -- there's no substitute for brains.

If she's playing this situation then he shouldn't be there.

If she's being abused then he's a certified POS.

Either way = not good.

It clearly says the girl is saying it has happened multiple times.

WTH does the 911 call have to do with anything?

Not sure I get your point... the 911 call is when she made the claim of the it happening multiple times. So the 911 was call is when she reported the incident and t made the claim of prior abuse. Without the call what are we talking about?

Bad news for sure. But now is the time for us to build this franchise and we have plenty of picks in the draft and cap space to grab any need position in Free Agency.

If this is related to the 1st incident that was on the board a few weeks ago then MODS should probably merge it to avoid confusion that this is ANOTHER situation.

Back
Top Bottom