To Trade, Or Not To Trade X | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

To Trade, Or Not To Trade X

So you hit on an elite talent and you want to trade him in for a lottery ticket? This is gross negligence. Makes no sense.

Think of our prior first round picks. Would you trade X in his prime for 3 years or DeVante Parker or Charles Harris?

I guess that's really what it comes down to for me. Not if, but what would it take?

JJ built a whole team off from a couple trades. MD traded the saints future for RW.

I think I want a 1st, and a 2nd, from a bottom10 team.

1st and a 2nd from a bottom 10 team!

:funny::funny::funny::funny:7:funny:

Laundry fetched a 4th rounder
Jay Ajayi 5th or 4th pick
Lamar Miller 5th pick
O Vernon 3rd round pick
Mathews a 7th rounder I believe

These guys are all featured starters on other teams
Valid points. I'll give you Vernon for sure. Ajai was a fire sale. He would have fetched considerably more at the beginning of that season.

Wasn't Miller a comp pick? That's not such a great deal either, if it were, nobody would give it to you. I've already said, I think we could have gotten more for Landry a year earlier.

That’s a fair point but I’m just not convinced that X is a true shut down corner yet. Our defense has sucked with him. I know it’s not his fault but you really think he has earned highest paid CB in the NFL money or are we just desperate?

We could bundle that pick to make sure we get the QB when it’s time.

Also question: If we just let it play out this next season and he plays good...could we trade him holding the franchise tag over his head? or is it franchise him or he’s a FA aka goner? I don’t really think he wants to stay here honestly

Except statistics back up that he was playing at a very high level. Based on passer rating when he was targeted and completion percentage when targeted.

That was exactly the scenario they were discussing.

Well it better ensure the trade happens to land the QB and not just a pick to give them ammo to move up, but would still need a trade partner to land QB.

I still wouldn’t favor it all that much. I’d prefer to give yo a future first instead of trading away the most dynamic young player on the team.

Except statistics back up that he was playing at a very high level. Based on passer rating when he was targeted and completion percentage when targeted.

I mean he had 7 picks in 12 games that right there tells you he’s a baller. I’m just bringing up the counter points in moving on stacking picks for the future. If we re-sign him I will not be mad at all

X and Minkah are the guys you want to build your secondary around. You absolutely keep him if you can.

That said, if he is being unreasonable (not a stretch given his agent's reputation), you trade him and get picks to build with.

DO NOT let the guy walk in FA, DO NOT try to tag him, DO NOT let him go at crackhead prices at the last minute because your back is against a wall.

He either needs to be extended prior to this season or traded by the deadline.

nobody is going to give you a no 1 for x. or a no 2.
he had one half good season, and previously sucked.

Well it better ensure the trade happens to land the QB and not just a pick to give them ammo to move up, but would still need a trade partner to land QB.

I still wouldn’t favor it all that much. I’d prefer to give yo a future first instead of trading away the most dynamic young player on the team.
Certainly another option. I'm guessing it would be the 2021 pick you would have to give.

X would be tough to replace.

A few weeks ago, I was of the opinion that you just pay the man. I admit, when he went public with the I want to be the top paid guy, it rubbed me the wrong way. He's getting his money. He's that good, but what is the purpose of doing that at this point? Seems to me he might be holding a gun to our head, like Jarvis, knowing he will get it somewhere.

nobody is going to give you a no 1 for x. or a no 2.
he had one half good season, and previously sucked.
All it takes is one team to fall in love with the guy. But with that said I absolutely would be floored if they got rid of X, him and Fitz are the 2 players on defense to build around.

Would hate to see X go. However, bottom line in the NFL....you need a QB. Young QBs are such an unknown. BUT, if you had a chance to take premiere QB to setup the franchise for 15 years, and you're staring at paying X insane money, you do it. No question, you do it.

Back
Top Bottom