To Trade, Or Not To Trade X | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

To Trade, Or Not To Trade X

I suppose everything is on the table, but Miami only has two quality players at the most important positions - X Howard and Laremy Tunsil. If trading one of those players leads to a franchise quarterback, I'm all for it. But not just for draft picks, unless it leads to that quarterback.

The quarterback position is so critical and has held this franchise back for longer than we even want to discuss.

I am against it...
BUT....
What for a 1rst this year AND a 1rst next year?

For any other position I'd say absolutely not; however, nothing else matters if you don't have a QB. I'd make all picks and players available. Whatever it takes. Anyone is tradeable for a franchise type prospect. If he doesn't pan out then oh well. Gotta take big swings to get your guy if you dont have a top 3 pick.

Another thing to consider is that competition will be high to trade up, so Xavien could very well push us over the top in negotiations.

btw I'm also down for trading this years' 2nd for a 1st next year to pick up even more ammo.

So you hit on an elite talent and you want to trade him in for a lottery ticket? This is gross negligence. Makes no sense.

Think of our prior first round picks. Would you trade X in his prime for 3 years or DeVante Parker or Charles Harris?

I'd prefer not to. Trade up competition gets fierce, especially for a QB. They might have to add a player and/or picks to sweeten the pot. Would really hate to lose Xavien, but this team desperately needs a franchise QB.

I think people are overreacting to Howard saying he wants to be the league's highest-paid CB. Of course he wants that. He'll get a nice deal that will likely put him in the top 5 at his position, but when some other CB's hit the market in a year or two, the deal will look more reasonable. I do think that Awsi's point is correct. 2018 was Howard's best year by a wide margin, so you should be careful of paying too much for that one year. Better to consider his aggregate play and trajectory.

Not sure what the overreaction is about. It's basic negotiating. He's starting out on the high end as he should. I'm sure they'll work it out.

In three seasons, X has had one good full season (over a two year period).

Let’s not forget that late last year everyone was saying “x hasn’t gottteb an interception as a fin”.

Basically, in three years he got all of his interceptions in the last 16-ish games.

For me it depends on 3 things:
1) does the new DC want him and does he fit the scheme?
2) are we worried about hisnlong term health and availability?
3) can we get the compensation we want, and is it for a bold move like a franchise QB?

Let's see....the NFL is a passing league and we found a rising star at CB who is a shut down corner. The normal thing to do would be to retain and build a defense around this man. The Miami thing to do as suggested by the idiot Omar would be to trade him for some bullshit pick the front office would **** up anyway.

Here's how it would go; trade X to someone for a 1st, draft a center with with the pick.

:lol:

Not sure what the overreaction is about. It's basic negotiating. He's starting out on the high end as he should. I'm sure they'll work it out.

Bingo. I think he can be signed to a contract that is agreeable to both sides and it shouldn't be too difficult.

Grier is smart enough not to trade his best draft pick. I’m not too worried about X not getting his money. We should have the cap pretty cleaned up by next year. Not having Suh’s contract on the books will get it done.

Back
Top Bottom