To Trade, Or Not To Trade X | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

To Trade, Or Not To Trade X

In three seasons, X has had one good full season (over a two year period).

Let’s not forget that late last year everyone was saying “x hasn’t gottteb an interception as a fin”.

Basically, in three years he got all of his interceptions in the last 16-ish games.

For me it depends on 3 things:
1) does the new DC want him and does he fit the scheme?
2) are we worried about hisnlong term health and availability?
3) can we get the compensation we want, and is it for a bold move like a franchise QB?

Generally it takes a corner a year or two to develop, something a lot of people overlook.

X has all the skills to fit any scheme a competent DC comes up with.

He doesnt seem injury prone, not any moreso than other players. (He's no Devante Parker)

If we had to trade him, his value would probably be at its peak mid-season at the trade deadline to a superbowl contender that needs that last piece to put them over the top.

I was just watching Xs and Omar, and they were discussing the wisdom of trading X, for a #1 + possibly more, with the intention of using that capital to move up for a QB, presumably in 2020.

I'm on the fence with that philosophy.

What say you Phinhaven?
Anything we can do to secure Tua I'm all for it.

Well hell, all you people want to tank for Tua, may as well trade anyone and everyone that MIGHT be a good player on the roster.

That's what you want, isn't it?

Trade everyone.

Smart.

The KC media and the NE corridor media were saying the same thing you are now, when Marcus Peter's was being talked about on the trade block.

So was Dorsey and Reid, dumb?

Sooooo we’re going to act like Peters didn’t have a bunch of antics & subpar play that led to KC being comfortable with trading him? lol that’s a horrible comparison.

casualty of a failed regime. at 2-3 years from being competitive you cant have a top 3 paid corner. fins gonna have to take their medicine on this one and draft his replacement. it is what it is...

I think we should keep our young core intact. Dump the bad contracts and older players. Wake and gore are the only two that should remain on the cheap. Keep X, Minkah, McCain, McMillan, Baker, Taylor, Godchaux, tunsil, falk, drake, Ballage, Wilson, gesicki, smythe, Grant, sanders, haack.

Veteran players that could be traded or cut, reshad, McDonald, Alonso, Quinn, branch, Spence, amendola, Stills, Hayes (wish he could stay healthy), let James walk, tannehill. Some can be traded hopefully. I’d guess tannehill, reshad, McDonald and Stills could all be traded. We could make some trades and load up with cap space and draft picks with relative ease while leaving our actual best players intact. A good coach /qb combo could really jumpstart a fast rise. Not like one year, but maybe like 2-3 instead of 4-5.

Hard to trade good players, bu if you're committing to a slow and complete rebuild why not trade him if the value is right. I mean if you're going into one of those Cleveland Brown decades of averaging less five wins per season what's the point of keeping players around. It's not like Howard plays a position that draws fans to the stadium even if he's on a poor team.

casualty of a failed regime. at 2-3 years from being competitive you cant have a top 3 paid corner. fins gonna have to take their medicine on this one and draft his replacement. it is what it is...

It’s a tough call, but I don’t see how you go in with a “draft his replacement” memtality when it took 19 years to draft another cb that was actually GOOD.

The chances of finding another player on his level, even with a first, is obviously low for the Dolphins. This position is so damn important in todays game, you have to draw the line somewhere and start cultivating an identity for the future. You have 2 really incredible young building blocks in the secondary, run with it.

I think you can pay him, front load it, lock him up for 5-6 years, eat the bulk of his money early on during the rebuild and you’ll have plenty of cap room when you are competitive again. There is going to be A LOT of fat trimmed this off season, miami is going to have a serious amount of space in addition to the yearly cap raise. I’d consider that move not “win now” but “start the process”.

Sooooo we’re going to act like Peters didn’t have a bunch of antics & subpar play that led to KC being comfortable with trading him? lol that’s a horrible comparison.

Subpar? Once you use that word to describe another player, your bias shows. Should we compare pure numbers between the 2?

Well hell, all you people want to tank for Tua, may as well trade anyone and everyone that MIGHT be a good player on the roster.

That's what you want, isn't it?

Trade everyone.

Smart.

Quite an exaggeration. No one has said that.

If all Miami has to do to get their franchise QB is to trade X and swap picks I’m all over it. Obviously I prefer said QB drops but that’s unlikely.

If you want Tua or Fromm, you dont need to give up multiple assets when you get there. Just be pro-active about it and start getting those assets now... Trade down for future picks, that way you still get your pick in the 1st + picks in the year you expect your target to be. Easy game...

Instead of gutting your assets when you get there, have a plan and start saving now... hell you might just suck bad enough to have your QB and still have another pick in the 1st... And keep X Howard...

No. You want too keep your diamonds. Resign X, resign Tunsil, resign James.

Subpar play? Dude was a 2 time all pro player 2 of the 3 years he was on the Chiefs.

I hope Fitzpatrick gives us many years worth of sub par play to the tune of All Pro years.

No. You want too keep your diamonds. Resign X, resign Tunsil, resign James.

Well that's what teams do when they're trying to win, don't think our brilliant owner is into that.

Tank for Tua 2020 lmao.

Back
Top Bottom