Today is a HUGE day for the Dolphins Organization | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Today is a HUGE day for the Dolphins Organization

greatwade

President LLB/Unicorn/Rainbow Club
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
You know what today is? The owners are up at spring meetings in DC. They are to voting on the Dolphins proposal (with strong support from the commissioner, and NFLPA) to host the Super Bowl every 3 years, without exception. 8 owners voting down with screw us. Al Davis, San Diego, New Orleans, and a few others are certain to vote against us.

What this means:

If, and its a big if, they get the superbowl every 3 years major changes will occur at Dolphins Stadium. Hotels, Pavillions, and Market Street & even a possible Super Bowl Hall of Fame will be built. Also, the Pro Bowl & Senior Bowl will be moved to Miami and will take place in the weeks leading up to the Super Bowl. With activities all the time in between.

Cross your fingers finfans. We'll need an awful lot of luck.

greatwade said:
You know what today is? The owners are up at spring meetings in DC. They are to voting on the Dolphins proposal (with strong support from the commissioner, and NFLPA) to host the Super Bowl every 3 years, without exception. 8 owners voting down with screw us. Al Davis, San Diego, New Orleans, and a few others are certain to vote against us.

What this means:

If, and its a big if, they get the superbowl every 3 years major changes will occur at Dolphins Stadium. Hotels, Pavillions, and Market Street & even a possible Super Bowl Hall of Fame will be built. Also, the Pro Bowl & Senior Bowl will be moved to Miami and will take place in the weeks leading up to the Super Bowl. With activities all the time in between.

Not only that but think about playing in a SB on your own field.

greatwade said:

What this means:

I'm not being cynical, but for myself, one who is far outside the south florida area...It's not a big deal *shrug*

If there was a stadium designated for Super Bowls, why wouldn't they have it ther every single year instead of every 3 years ?????? And I'm sure the NFL could build it's own instead of using the Dolphins Stadium. Seems very unlikely to me.

I'm not being cynical, but for myself, one who is far outside the south florida area...It's not a big deal *shrug*

It will affect the Miami Dolphins franchise forever if it did happen. Would also change the live experience ten-fold at Dolphins Stadium..... The thread title is correct.... if this actually did happen... it would be H U G E. Dolphins Stadium would become the finest venue in Sports today.

Why would any other team accept Miami getting the SB every 3 years??? And what is Miami's basis for this dream?

SQuinn17 - you are correct. But Paul Tagliabue is a strong supporter, as are the players, through their union. Jacksonville was a disaster. Detroit will be one as well. There is pressure. But you are probably right. Doesn't mean it isn't the smart, business thing to do.

Were any of you aware the the game itself (super bowl) loses money? Not talking TV, of course, but ticket sales (even at $500) don't cover costs.

Agua - I know some things. The idea would be to provide 3 weeks of Football entertainment at the Dolphins complex, and the college Senior Bowl is on the table. As is some high school All star game, or skills competition.

Those who can't understand the concept - see Indianapolis -> Final Four deal.

Scott Andrew said:
Why would any other team accept Miami getting the SB every 3 years??? And what is Miami's basis for this dream?

$$$$$$

and the players support it, as Miami is probably the premier destination in January for the Super Bowl. Unless you are Eugene Robinson.

Scott Andrew said:

I agree it would be great if it happened, but I've got this same question. Why would franchises in other cities agree to this?

AirChambers84 said:
If there was a stadium designated for Super Bowls, why wouldn't they have it ther every single year instead of every 3 years ?????? And I'm sure the NFL could build it's own instead of using the Dolphins Stadium. Seems very unlikely to me.

It will affect the Miami Dolphins franchise forever if it did happen. Would also change the live experience ten-fold at Dolphins Stadium..... The thread title is correct.... if this actually did happen... it would be H U G E. Dolphins Stadium would become the finest venue in Sports today.
Sorry, but this is not H U G E for us who do not live there, unlike people like yourself who are nearbye and will benefit from the economy going up around those dates.

your thoughts are very simple...this benefits you because you live nearbye and you believe it is important to all because it is the Dolphins stadium. This is about one thing...Wayne H. and making money. Not about the Miami Dolphins franchise.

As stated by others...how do you think San Fran and Oakland fans think?? Why not have the SB every 3 years in Pasadena??

The NFL should do what the Football Association do here in the UK for soccer. There should be a stadium exclusively for the Super Bowl. It should be built by the NFL and it should not be `home` to any NFL team. It should be a place that every team and fan dreams of playing/attending, a football mecca. Wembley stadium is regarded as the home of soccer and the FA Cup final is played there every year. It is an honour to play there.

scottieUK said:
The NFL should do what the Football Association do here in the UK for soccer. There should be a stadium exclusively for the Super Bowl. It should be built by the NFL and it should not be `home` to any NFL team. It should be a place that every team and fan dreams of playing/attending, a football mecca. Wembley stadium is regarded as the home of soccer and the FA Cup final is played there every year. It is an honour to play there.
I thought Wembley closed?

Agua, of course that's the problem. As I mentioned Al Davis is a sure bet for a NO vote.
But answer this: If cities like Minnesota, Detroit (that is such a joke - have fun there in January), Cleveland, Cinncinnati, Chicago, Seattle are not going to host the game anyway, wouldn't they want a solution which maximizes league-wide revenues (they do share) and world wide interest in their sport? There are still 2 out of every 3 years the San Diegos and New Orleans' could host...

Back
Top Bottom