Today is the Day | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Today is the Day

Cameron a front-runner as Dolphins' search nears end

BY JEFF DARLINGTON

jdarlington@MiamiHerald.com

AP PHOTO
STICKING AROUND: Chargers offensive coordinator Cam Cameron stayed in South Florida one more night, awaiting today's decision.

The search is over. The interviews are complete. And by the end of today, the Dolphins expect to have chosen a new coach to replace Nick Saban.
Only one measly, little question remained undecided within the team's collective mind late Thursday night: Who exactly will it be? http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/16494698.htm
I keep hearing that the FINS are saying Friday or Saturday. My guess is Saturday by the way the search has been going. Another long day.

I think we should know sometime today, Cameron wouldn't have stayed overnight if they weren't close to announcing a hiring. He should be named the new head coach sometime today in my opinion. I can't imagine Cameron wanting to wait around either, afterall, he has a family to move to Ft. Lauderdale!!!....:cpatch:

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Please!!!, gotta be Cameron, not Gailey, not Mora, not Shula, not Capers

CAM CAMERON FOR HC IN 07!!!

If Cameron is hired as HC...I do strongly believe that Shula will be brought in as a assistant...most likely OC which thank goodness would be a step up from Murlarkey.

The longer the day drags on, the less likely that Cameron is the choice. If no word before noon, more then likely they chose Gailey.

Theres no way they don't choose Cam, I mean the guy comes down for an interview which took 4 hours for all the other candidates and ends up stuck here for 3 days, interviewing for 13 1/2 hours. That would just be so wrong for them to give the job to someone else at this point.

The longer the day drags on, the less likely that Cameron is the choice. If no word before noon, more then likely they chose Gailey.

You have a very good point. Cameron could flat out turn down the offer if he doesn't like the terms of the contract. While I don't think something like that would cause Cameron to bolt / leave, it may cause the process to take longer to finalize....

That said, I truly beleive that Cameron will be named head coach by the end of the day. Wayne has been interviewing him like crazy, and after spending that much time together, you know something is close to being finalized.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

You have a very good point. Cameron could flat out turn down the offer if he doesn't like the terms of the contract. While I don't think something like that would cause Cameron to bolt / leave, it may cause the process to take longer to finalize....

That said, I truly beleive that Cameron will be named head coach by the end of the day. Wayne has been interviewing him like crazy, and after spending that much time together, you know something is close to being finalized.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!
It shouldn't take overally long to get a deal with Cameron since he is only a few miles away. Gailey would take longer since he is still in Atlanta and would have to make the flight down.

I wonder if Cam wants to stay in San Diego, and Wayne is trying to persuade him to Miami? Maybe that's what's taking so long?

I dont know....as an Indianian I have my doubts about Cameron, he use to coach the Hoosiers.

Since when has Indiana been on an even footing when recruiting against Michigan, Ohio St, Wisconsin or even Purdue in its own state?

And did Cameron's hoosier team not lead the Big ten in rushing one year while he was there?

His record there is as meaningless as blaming a coach of Vanderbilt for not winning in the SEC.:shakeno:

Bring on the Cam!!!

HC Cam Cameron
DC Dom Capers
OC Jason Garret
O-Line Coach Hudson Houck

QB Daunte Culpepper / Cleo Lemon
RB Ronnie Brown / Ricky Williams
TE Randy McMichael / Justin Peele
WR Chris Chambers / Marty Booker / Derek Hagan / Wes Welker / Draft Johnson, Jarret or Ginn Jr.

I can't wait to see what this guy can do with this!!

at this point im sure we will make the right choice and hopefully decide on our HC today...Cam Cameron

We seriously need to get Cam. The dropoff point after that is big, and unfortunately the media knows it. Right now I think its just a question of agreeing on $.

Also, while recruiting is critical too success in college ball, in fact its an absolute neccesity, recruiting is not a huge part of being an NFL coach.

I honestly believe Cam is a coach suited to the NFL, whereas a coach like Saban is truly a college coach. Saban's success in college is tied directly to a prowess at recruiting.

Does anyone really think Bill Belichek, Mr. boring himself, would be a great recruiter in college?

Why not Cam?

He did a pretty good job getting LT in the game, don't you think?

If you ask me, I'm pretty excited about a Cam/Capers duo.

We obviously need work on the offensive side of the ball, and on defense, Capers has us in good shape.

Back
Top Bottom