Today Marks The Changeover in the AFC East | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Today Marks The Changeover in the AFC East

Squish_The_Fish

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I have been saying for some time (although not on here) that within the next few years I think the Fish and Bills will overtake the Patriots and Jets for the top of the AFC, and start to become the powers again. With the Bills and Fish winning today over the Pats and Jets, I really think this process has begun. Next year watch for the Bills and Fish to takeover.

the talent and heart is there and it appears that with the bills almost spliting with the jets every year and miami always spliting with the pats every year that a change in the standings in upcomming years is inevitable

Squish_The_Fish said:
I have been saying for some time (although not on here) that within the next few years I think the Fish and Bills will overtake the Patriots and Jets for the top of the AFC, and start to become the powers again. With the Bills and Fish winning today over the Pats and Jets, I really think this process has begun. Next year watch for the Bills and Fish to takeover.

It would be Just like old times again.

This is going to be pyscho division the next few years. I dont think the Patriots are going to just fall apart but I think everyone is going to catch up to them next year. Its going to be nuts

Squish_The_Fish said:

Take over?? This whole division is going to be hard for years to come. Last time i checked, the Jet were not supposed to be in this position this year. Went from 4-12 to what we are now, everything has been a plus this year so far, congrats on you guys taking us out, but dont get carried away, you have a long way to go before the Bills take anything over, i think Miami has more of a chance of being dominant in the division that you guys.

BleedinGreenNC said:
Take over?? This whole division is going to be hard for years to come. Last time i checked, the Jet were not supposed to be in this position this year. Went from 4-12 to what we are now, everything has been a plus this year so far, congrats on you guys taking us out, but dont get carried away, you have a long way to go before the Bills take anything over, i think Miami has more of a chance of being dominant in the division that you guys.

I think the Pats will slip, but I think its going to go back to more what it use to be, the four teams beating the crap out of each other all year. All 4 can be very good.

We as pats excepted this season to be bad.A 9-7 or 10-6 year with a wild card entry honestly.so from my pt they are kinda over acheiving right now.

If you can dig my old threads you will see this is what i have been saying.Now we have 13 picks next year with 2 first pick leading the way to fixing the patriots along with 20 million in cap space.

we are rebuilding with no WR for this year.I think for crying out loud we need top level WR and OL.

anyway,the division is coming together fine as a fan i like good matchs not blowouts .Not every year they are going to playoff or SB but a good regular season with alot of quality game is fine by me.

But for me brady has his az kicked and his is a franchise qb it took 40 yrs to find and he was getting pounded.I as a patriots freak out when he is beat down we see so many teams crap out with a qb injury and here they were not protecting him.

^I'm suprised Brady has managed to stay healthy for so long.

And yes it does seem like there will be a change in the next few years.

I think it's going to stay a pretty competitive division. Belichik is a very good coach. Part of the problem they have faced, especially this year is that success inspires mimicry, and the best way to mimic a good team like the Patriots is to raid their coaching staff and in free agency raid their roster for players. I suspect that few teams have lost as many players to free agency as the Patriots have lost, and few teams have lost as many coaches as the Patriots have lost. That makes it tough to maintain continuity. I do think the Bills, Dolphins, and Jets are all improved, but the Patriots not being as successful this season, will experience less of a talent drain in the upcoming offseason than they have in the last several. They may be better next season because of that.

BTW, I have no great love for Bill Belichik. From a character standpoint I equate him with the common garden slug, but the man can coach.

IMO this whole division is going to be stacked next year. From top to bottom everyone is going to have a chance to win. Whoever says the Pats are going south the Pats are not going anywhere. 2 1st round draft choices this year and as far as i know are a ton under the cap.

I love playing our division rivals, no matter which teams are good and which teams are bad.

And remember, no matter what their record, the jets suck!

You guys seen the schedule for next year?
AFC East plays the NFC East and AFC North! Thats as close to "The Schedule from Hell" as you can get!

Back
Top Bottom