Today's loss is a big win | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Today's loss is a big win

There will be a lot of heads exploding if we use our 1st pick to trade down.
Fingers_Crossed.jpg

tumblr_ppff9rBfwp1uuqkoh_540.gif

If by "us" you mean players, coaches, and FO, it means optimism for next year, confidence in the system, and confirmation that hard work and discipline will pay off.
Depends on when the 4 or 5 wins come. After Miami's blowout losses, 'everyone' thought the team was trash. A season of losses like that would destroy any 'culture.' But, Miami started getting closer. Looked more like a 'real' NFL team. Players can see progress. Last 6 games they're playing .500 ball with a last second loss. That's progress. That's what builds a "winning culture."

Optimism for next year lol....confirmation hard work and discipline pay off... Guys that aren't able to achieve that basic level of competence and understanding the first day of training camp, IMO, should not be brought in to begin with and can be looked at as possibly more a HC or GM problem.

If you had the right caliber and quality of players you may have a point. But we don't and do need the best opportunity to get the best we can this comimg off season and the Draft can be Huge for our success in the future. Enough to lose a couple meaningless games that in two months will be totally forgotten anyway.
So lose two meaningless games (NE a given 3) in which we've already tanked to 3-10 isn't going to make much of a difference and the potential of being a few spots higher in each of the drafts rounds makes a hell of a lot more sense and value than one more meaningless win for those next years player that need that BS confidence for optimism.

Coach already promotes discipline and the better the quality of players on the actual field IMO pays a hell of a lot more than talk to this years team about work and discipline at 3-10, compared to next years team which truthfully should not even be in the same discussion.
Hey JMO, 20 years of this BS quality with the realistic view of a light at the end of the tunnel for a real change, in which losing out means more to a successful future than we've had since Shula. And yes It ain't easy to sit through and I do hate losing but see the benefits out weigh the Win, forgotton in a week or two, for what ? a players confidence next year.....

Hey what 2 teams did we beat months ago and who truthfully cares at this point...(what wash Jets Eagles) ya that turned into a real confidence building..

Last edited:
Optimism for next year lol....confirmation hard work and discipline pay off... Guys that aren't able to achieve that basic level of competence and understanding the first day of training camp, IMO, should not be brought in to begin with and can be looked at as possibly more a HC or GM problem.

If you had the right caliber and quality of players you may have a point. But we don't and do need the best opportunity to get the best we can this comimg off season and the Draft can be Huge for our success in the future. Enough to lose a couple meaningless games that in two months will be totally forgotten anyway.
So lose two meaningless games (NE a given 3) in which we've already tanked to 3-10 isn't going to make much of a difference and the potential of being a few spots higher in each of the drafts rounds makes a hell of a lot more sense and value than one more meaningless win for those next years player that need that BS confidence for optimism.

Coach already promotes discipline and the better the quality of players on the actual field IMO pays a hell of a lot more than talk to this years team about work and discipline at 3-10, compared to next years team which truthfully should not even be in the same discussion.
Hey JMO, 20 years of this BS quality with the realistic view of a light at the end of the tunnel for a real change, in which losing out means more to a successful future than we've had since Shula. And yes It ain't easy to sit through and I do hate losing but see the benefits out weigh the Win, forgotton in a week or two, for what ? a players confidence next year.....

Hey what 2 teams did we beat months ago and who truthfully cares at this point...(what wash Jets Eagles) ya that turned into a real confidence building..
On the other hand, **** the Jets! We've been rooting for that franchise to lose every game for the rest of eternity.

So, there's also that.

Dolphins with out a doubt overachieved this year, we really didn't have the team to beat Philly but we did thanks to exceptional play from Fitzpatrick and Parker and a half decent secondary made up of cast offs and UFA, Colts and Jets both have far more talent and should of beat us, poor coaching and lack of a proper game plan on there part being the reason they lost to us.

The cards Flores was given to play should of made it almost impossible to win more than a game or 2, what team changes most of it's starting offensive line right after the preseason ended and starts the season with an offensive line that doesn't know anything of the game plan or had any time to jell together.

Saying we underachieved couldn't be further from the truth.

2019 was a tear down year where we jettisoned or didn't resign our starting QB both our DE's lost our RT to FA traded our franchise LT traded our disgruntled CB/FS traded away a starting linebacker and a handful of others all to start a rebuild that starts with the draft and also clears over 64 mil in cap space and will continue to clear even more space in 2020 with a few high priced players left due to contract reason

Draft position is everything dropping down 3 or 4 spots when your that high is like a middle to bottom 2nd round pick if you were to trade down, who doesn't want another 2nd round pick. Talking about pick 2 or 3 and it's a high 2nd round pick.

Can't blame Flores for trying to win every game he can it all sticks and will follow him his whole career, also can't blame Grier for trying to get as high a draft pick as he can it will give him more ammo to rebuild in 2020. It's a weird year for fans can't blame either side I'm conflicted myself half the time I want a win half the time I want a better pick for the future, with 3 games left I've seen enough to know the coaching staff may be really good so I'm hoping for at least a top 5 pick but I still can't root for a loss.

I'm not 100% sure we are after a QB, we just spent a 2nd round pick on Rosen in 2019 and he was a top 10 pick in 2018, if we pick a QB with our 1st pick it's like throwing away that 2nd, (Rosen value would plummet) and I'm not sure if any of the QB's coming out could do a better job than Rosen did given how poor our offensive line is. Smart money would say continue to develop Rosen and build him an offensive line,

I liked Tua and the speed he had reading a defense and his accuracy but his hip injury has to make you hit the pause button and at least consider trying to move another asset (1st round pick) into 2021. I wasn't 100% sold the Dolphins staff would like his size to start with, also half scared they do like Herbert and he is another Ryan Tannehill, haven't really looked at him just going by what some guru's are saying.

Unsure what the staff wants as far as a QB goes, know the offensive line is the worst in the NFL and will need major work, minimum 3 possible 4 new starters 2 tackles and a guard, really could replace all 5 pushing most back to 2nd string, defense line isn't any better we need a DT that can push the pocket and 1 or 2 DE's. That's just the lines then looking at the linebackers we could use a good one, CB, FS, RB the list goes on and on, I'm starting to think the best thing the Dolphins could do with that 1st pick is move it down and grab another 2nd, draft looks deeper than most drafts and the Dolphins have so many needs, biggest need is a great draft and a great FA period to lay the foundation.

Seems all I can think about is the draft and how our rebuild is going to go.

Last edited:
Want to see a failed rebuild on the fly look no further than the Jets
Go back 5 years
2015 drafting 6th Leonard Williams
2016 drafting 20th Darren Lee
2017 drafting 6th again Jamal Adams
2018 drafting 3 Sam Darnold
2019 drafting 3 again Quinnen Williams

That's 5 years of drafting 2 years with the 3rd pick, 2 years with the 6th pick and 1 with the 20th pick - it doesn't get much better than that 4 years picking in top 6
Then the jets spent $193.8 million on 24 players going into 2019
Record is 5-8
lost to the lowly Dolphins

Dolphin fans want a 1 year turn around, talk about unrealistic expectations....

I get the desire to get a higher draft pick. Higher is always better. But, "meaningless" is in the eye of the beholder. Again, I doubt the players/coaches see any win as "meaningless." Denying that doesn't make it untrue. For some here, a win is confirmation Flo may be the HC fans have wanted since King Tut; confirmation a number of next year's starters are already on site; confirmation the team isn't 'scrubs' and 'guys who won't be in the NFL next year.'
I suspect the best outcome is drop 'meaningless' from FH posts. It's a subjective word and no amount of typing will change anyone's mind.

Dodged a bullet there with a potential meaningless win. Texans lose and Falcons and Jets win. Team played hard and love Flores' passion and fire even though the right call was made. Good day so far. Hopefully Steelers go down as well. It is all about the long term. This loss will be even more appreciated come April.
How long will this new losing is winning culture last?

Dodged a bullet there with a potential meaningless win. Texans lose and Falcons and Jets win. Team played hard and love Flores' passion and fire even though the right call was made. Good day so far. Hopefully Steelers go down as well. It is all about the long term. This loss will be even more appreciated come April.
I completely agree, as I’m sure most everyone here does, too. Still, I would’ve liked the Dolphins to win, if only because it makes happy. That, and listening to Joe Beningo on WFAN here in NY after a Jets loss is like a Mozart concerto: a thing of beauty that will last forever.

Back
Top Bottom