Today's loss is a big win | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Today's loss is a big win

There will be a lot of heads exploding if we use our 1st pick to trade down.

I think this could our very best scenario frankly. Trade this pick and drop back to the middle of the first round, and pick up another 1st for next year. More ammunition for Lawrence.

Any team looking for a QB past #10 in the draft will definitely take Tua without hesitation.

I think I still will take Tua. I'm not crazy about any other QB other than Burrow and don't want to draft one to draft one. I have no issue going into 2020 with Fitz, Rosen and Tua and let Tua take as long as he needs to get right. I know we will all act like we know this but act differently when the games start but the team isn't wining the SB in 2020. Best case we get Tua on the field in 2020 to build experience.

I'd rather swing for the fences and have Rosen as a fall back then go with any of the other guys that will be touted simply because they will be available when we pick. Forcing it never works.

I think this could our very best scenario frankly. Trade this pick and drop back to the middle of the first round, and pick up another 1st for next year. More ammunition for Lawrence.

You had me until you said, 'more ammunition for Lawrence'. I'm still not sold on basing one's entire draft upon one player.

I will ignore the 'for Lawrence' part of your post and hit 'like'.

The big picture would be wanting your players and coaching staff to improve every game. Even if that means taking a W instead of L. Big picture isn’t rooting for your team to lose because of draft order.

You got to build through the draft.

Like size, order matters.

You got to build through the draft.

Like size, order matters.
Bigger picture is still player development, whether drafted, undrafted FA's, free agents, and coaching. Its not set around the draft only. Looking at order only is being narrow minded, and not taking into account all the other moving gears it takes to have a winning team/culture.

Bigger picture is still player development, whether drafted, undrafted FA's, free agents, and coaching. Its not set around the draft only. Looking at order only is being narrow minded, and not taking into account all the other moving gears it takes to have a winning team/culture.
While I get your point, winning 4 or 5 games doesn't build a winning culture. This team was never going to make the playoffs this year. I get wanting to beat the jets but comes draft day, would you want the jets drafting ahead of us while we still didn't make the playoffs? It's called taking a step back so that we can take two steps forward. It's not that fans want to lose games. It's that winning 4 games won't be any better than winning 3 if we can draft an elite player that will help you wins 10 to 12 games in a couple of years.

if the jets missed that fg and we would of won the game it would of had no impact on any player, coach or whoever....they, for better or worse, would be the same exact player, coach etc before the field goal attempt and after it no matter the result.....if he missed it, somehow our players wouldnt suddenly develop faster......the only difference would be us having a worse pick. The day before the draft, ask yourself if you would trade a win over the jets to move back a number of spots.....i guarantee you at that time you wouldnt

The big win IMO is watching these kids play their hearts out. They are laying it all out on the field. Inspite of the losing, its watching the individual improvements from the players and seeing how hard they compete each week.

Hopefully we fight hard...but lose the last 3 games. Draft position is more important.
This team needs better players everywhere. We have 2 big drafts to get the team stocked with new talent
I like Fitz running this offense but we need a QB in the mold of Baltimores QB.

Hopefully we fight hard...but lose the last 3 games. Draft position is more important.
This team needs better players everywhere. We have 2 big drafts to get the team stocked with new talent
I like Fitz running this offense but we need a QB in the mold of Baltimores QB.

Why?

Wondering how many others are thinking the same thing - hoping Tua doesn't declare.
If so the following scenarios apply
- Tua goes back to college and either proves he's still got it then great or bombs or if he can't get back on the field then the alarm bells are ringing.
- We draft another QB and may be he proves or shows enough that he could lead us to the promised land, so we don't need another QB.
- Draftee QB bombs or we don't draft one then I would be surprised if we drafted much higher than the 5 to 15 range. Would expect some improvement on this years team but can't see us getting to the playoffs.
- Draft 2021 if we still need a QB, so package the picks and go chasing Lawerence, Fields or a healthy Tua if he comes good, plus who knows if some one else comes out of left field like Burrows this season. Plus Bengals with Burrows?? and Cardinals with Murray unlikely to chase another QB so it cuts down the competition a little.
Bottom line it takes the guessing on health out of the equation.
Personally I would like a QB and line help in the up coming draft but sometimes you can't have every thing.

I would have preferred the win over the Jets......but either way it works out.

because a meaningless win by 2 points over an equally horrible team with a roster that will purge at least 50% of its players in 3 seasons or less gives us what exactly?

Back
Top Bottom