Today's new report...S.F. wants A. Smith but | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Today's new report...S.F. wants A. Smith but

Sal Lisitano

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I would like to know...if this does happen...if San Fran drafts A. Smith...how would you feel about A. Rodgers?

Funny how no one really has talked about maybe A. Rodgers falling to us...

I'm still sticking to my gut feeling...if we do not trade out of the #2 spot...and A. Smith is there...we'll take him...if A. Smith is gone and we can't trade out of the #2 spot...B. Edwards will be the player we take...

In all honesty...I think that B. Edwards is the BPA...and I would love to have this kid.

But...because our OC Linehan has that connection from college with A. Smith...I feel that's they guy they want.

I guess what I'm saying is...I'm confused as hell.

Go Fins!!!

I don't want to say that I'm 100% sure saban will do this, but I think that Saban is fooling us all and trying to tempt the Bucs or another team to trade up with us.

The 49ers have been embarrassed by Saban (a college coach) by his handling of his first NFL draft.

The 49ers have wanted to make a trade but couldn't find any takers, they couldn't even settle on which QB to select. They clearly intended to select Rogers and when all the interest picked up in Smith they were confused and lacked the confidence in the selection. Teams lined up to trade with the fins, and seem to still have it in mind.

Now the question that comes to mind is Saban playing the 49ers for even greater fools?

My guess is the team will trade down with Minnesota for 7 and 18 selections in the first round. If KC makes the trade that will fill the need for a 2nd round pick, if they do not I am quite happy to keep Surtain.

We will not take Aaron Rodgers....G.U.A.R.A.N.T.E.E.D.

My gut feeling all along has been in this order: Trade down, Alex Smith, Braylon Edwards, One of the three runningbacks, Mike Williams or Antrelle Rolle. then...Aaron Rodgers.

IMO, Rodgers doesn't have the upside that Alex Smith has.

Mr Fan said:
The 49ers have been embarrassed by Saban (a college coach) by his handling of his first NFL draft.

The 49ers have wanted to make a trade but couldn't find any takers, they couldn't even settle on which QB to select. They clearly intended to select Rogers and when all the interest picked up in Smith they were confused and lacked the confidence in the selection. Teams lined up to trade with the fins, and seem to still have it in mind.

Now the question that comes to mind is Saban playing the 49ers for even greater fools?

My guess is the team will trade down with Minnesota for 7 and 18 selections in the first round. If KC makes the trade that will fill the need for a 2nd round pick, if they do not I am quite happy to keep Surtain.

As you stated...I would like to trade out of the #2 spot and hopefully take Caddy at #7 or M. Williams at #7...if the Vikes are the team we trade with. But like I said...if we can't trade out...I can see us staying put and taking Smith or Edwards depending on who's still left...if both are still there I hope we take Edwards but I think it will be Smith.

Go Fins!!!

KyPhinfan13 said:
We will not take Aaron Rodgers....G.U.A.R.A.N.T.E.E.D.

My gut feeling all along has been in this order: Trade down, Alex Smith, Braylon Edwards, One of the three runningbacks, Mike Williams or Antrelle Rolle. then...Aaron Rodgers.

IMO, Rodgers doesn't have the upside that Alex Smith has.

You don't think he has the upside that Smith has? Why?

He has the stronger arm...and he's a better Pro Set QB. He played in multiple formations not just the shot gun formation like Smith has mostly played in. I'm not sure but he may actually be the better QB.

Go Fins!!!

I have faith that Saban will take the best player available with the #2 selection or he will trade down.

We already have one Tedford QB with questions... we do not need another.

If SF takes Rodgers, then I could see a trade down deal with either Tampa or Minn.

Tampa will take either Rodgers, Edwards, or Williams.
Minn wants Edwards, although a Ronnie Brown could solidify that RB by committee crap.

i think we will trade down either way... if SF takes rodgers we trade with TB so they can get smith... if they take smith, we trade with minnesota so they can take edwards...

thats what i hope happens and seems the 2 most logical situations...

we've shown interest in smith and now have kinda put out there that if smith is gone we wont go RB but take braylon... so TB woh wants smith and minn who wants braylon have to get above us to get them if they are available...

I really don't want Rodgers. I'd take Kyle Boller over Aaron Rodgers.

Rodgers does not fit the Linehan system. he is a west coast offense type QB and if Smith is gone, we will go Edwards or trade down.

finresurrection said:
Rodgers does not fit the Linehan system. he is a west coast offense type QB and if Smith is gone, we will go Edwards or trade down.

Rodgers is better suited for Linehan offfense than A.Smith.He has the stronger arm of the two, which is a must in an offense that goes vertical alot.

Sal Lisitano said:
I would like to know...if this does happen...if San Fran drafts A. Smith...how would you feel about A. Rodgers?

Funny how no one really has talked about maybe A. Rodgers falling to us...

I'm still sticking to my gut feeling...if we do not trade out of the #2 spot...and A. Smith is there...we'll take him...if A. Smith is gone and we can't trade out of the #2 spot...B. Edwards will be the player we take...

In all honesty...I think that B. Edwards is the BPA...and I would love to have this kid.

But...because our OC Linehan has that connection from college with A. Smith...I feel that's they guy they want.

I guess what I'm saying is...I'm confused as hell.

Go Fins!!!

Rodgers is more NFL ready IMO and will contribute alot faster than Smith will. I have always loved what Rodgers brings to the table, and if not for his 6'2 size he would be rated #1 on everyones list without a doubt. I think the reason alot of people werent talking about Rodgers falling to us is because we all assumed he was being taken by San Fran. If Rodgers does fall to us i think it would be in our best interest to take him. He is the best QB in the draft IMO and i hope Saban wants him as bad as i do. For some reason though i dont think Saban wants Rodgers liek he does Smith and i think he just might pass on him. I hope now but well see.

minus said:
Rodgers is better suited for Linehan offfense than A.Smith.He has the stronger arm of the two, which is a must in an offense that goes vertical alot.

He may have the stronger arm of the two now but he is used to playing in an offense that features high percentage pass plays that are between 5-10 yards. I think people forget that Alex Smith is only 20 and 217 lbs. He will gain more weight and more strength almost daily in the NFL due to his age and lack of bulk. I bet you in 5 years no one will be talking about how Alex Smith has a weak arm.

Back
Top Bottom