Today's North Practice | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Today's North Practice

Dolfan1000

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
As I said there were a lot of big names around the field today, including Charley Casserly, Nick Saban, Romeo Crennel, Jon Gruden (who took a special interest in the defensive backs) and Andy Reid just to name a few.

The Dallas Cowboys gave a lot of attention to Gabe Watson while Miami chatted up Charlie Whitehurst.

Courtesy of Scott Wright on NFLDraftcountdown.com

My thinking- from what I saw on NFL network, Whitehurst looked good. But again, with Saban you just never know. He is already starting the "game" he plays, so take it with a grain of salt.

And another thing, when Wright talks about big names around the field.. SHOULDNT HE BE LISTING EVERY COACH? I mean, do some coaches actually not go?

Interesting. Looks like Gabe Watson is starting to get more consideration after having a down senior year where his motor was questioned. He actually would be a good fit in the 3-4, but now I wonder if he will last until Miami's second pick. I think Saban is going to chat up all the quarterbacks and Whitehurst has to be one of the second tier guys he is looking at.

SF Dolphin Fan said:
Interesting. Looks like Gabe Watson is starting to get more consideration after having a down senior year where his motor was questioned. He actually would be a good fit in the 3-4, but now I wonder if he will last until Miami's second pick. I think Saban is going to chat up all the quarterbacks and Whitehurst has to be one of the second tier guys he is looking at.

I keep hearing Gabe Watson's a classic underachiever. But with those feet and that size, it's hard not to look at him as a borderline 1st rounder. He's got a pretty nice burst as well. As for Whitehurst, in the limited action I saw him today, he put too much air on a deep ball and was almost picked off. On his second throw, he zinged an impressive 10 yard out on the money.
One thing I noticed is his fluid dropback, he moves his feet really well and stepped up in the pocket nicely.

Whitehurst and Watson seem to have done very well in practice so far.

Dolfan1000 said:
And another thing, when Wright talks about big names around the field.. SHOULDNT HE BE LISTING EVERY COACH? I mean, do some coaches actually not go?

Was Parcells there? I would think that he might think he was too good to attend and end up sending other coaches...

Back
Top Bottom