Todays Otas | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Todays Otas

gregorygrant83

Active Roster
Reaction score
Curious to why no discussions about today's ota? I know some of the main vets had little or no work, but how did the other younger players look?

to be honest I havent paid much attention to OTAs. training camp is when things get started

I haven't seen anything except interviews from players

"The schedule for the Dolphins OTAs has them on the field for the first time May 22-24, their second practice period from May 29-31, and their final one from June 11-14. The mandatory minicamp will be June 5-7"
https://www.thephinsider.com/2018/5...-to-watch-raekwon-mcmillan-minkah-fitzpatrick

This was posted on the team site earlier.
http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/a...-Of-OTAs/9aedb7f3-5515-456b-8812-ba00ceb7e613

"The Dolphins began their final week of OTAs with a practice inside the bubble at the Baptist Health Training Facility at Nova Southeastern University on Monday."

Cracks me up that players were complaining about the humidity, blah blah blah. These wimps today would've never survived a Don Shula run training camp back in the 70's when Shula at times had 3 practices a day!!! Many two a days. Now the players practice only once per day in training camp because the NFLPA won't allow any more practices then that. And don't forget the players now even practice at times in an air conditioned bubble for crying out loud. The players in the Shula camps never had a bubble. These players today have it so much better than players from years past it isn't even funny.

Cracks me up that players were complaining about the humidity, blah blah blah. These wimps today would've never survived a Don Shula run training camp back in the 70's when Shula at times had 3 practices a day!!! Many two a days. Now the players practice only once per day in training camp because the NFLPA won't allow any more practices then that. And don't forget the players now even practice at times in an air conditioned bubble for crying out loud. The players in the Shula camps never had a bubble. These players today have it so much better than players from years past it isn't even funny.

True, but most of those players from back then don’t remember how to hold a fork today

And let me guess, you had to walk uphill to school both ways barefoot, right?

Pay me a million dollars a year and I'll be glad to work out in extreme humidity. I wouldn't bitch one bit. Hell, pay me $200,000 per year and I'll do it. These players must not realize that some people have jobs that have them working 12 hours a day outside in scorching hot sun. And those workers don't make anywhere near what an NFL player is getting paid. Go out and practice for 2 hours per day in the humidity and stop being a cream puff.

And another point: just because something was done one way doesn't mean it was the right way to do things.

I laugh at your notion that the only work that happens is on the field.

Pay me a million dollars a year and I'll be glad to work out in extreme humidity. I wouldn't bitch one bit. Hell, pay me $200,000 per year and I'll do it. These players must not realize that some people have jobs that have them working 12 hours a day outside in scorching hot sun. And those workers don't make anywhere near what an NFL player is getting paid. Go out and practice for 2 hours per day in the humidity and stop being a cream puff.

And how exactly was he bitching about it? He was asked a question and he said he was getting used to the heat. Where did he curl up in a ball and say he couldn't handle it and was giving up?

Speaking of bitching, some of you guys will always nitpick about something and blow it out of context.

giphy.gif

Bitch just to bitch i guess. Im betting you wouldn't call ANY of them wimps to their faces? Oh but since this is the internet and you can hide behind your keyboard your a total badass right?

Its was much harder and tougher both mentality and physically during those 2 a days back then say what you want. Big advantage for us too early in the season down here in the heat playing other teams in the O bowl. Now granted guys passed out in training camp, normally didn't play so many years in the league then but they were in pretty good shape or they didn't make game day back then Today you certainly have players like Wake and others who take advantage of diet, PT, cross training to stay healthy longer and have much longer careers which is a great positive.

Back
Top Bottom