Todays Otas | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Todays Otas

I remember Joe Rose telling about when he was a rookie coming in to training camp with the Dolphins under Shula. Rose said to himself "how in the hell am I going to survive this". He talked about days where they had 3 practices. Can you imagine these prima donnas now practicing three times in one day? They would be bitching and moaning even if all the practices were in the air conditioned bubble.

My goodness, I can’t belive how this question turned into a hyper focus therapy group on what words were used, exaggerated responses and shots at each other. I thought the man asked a question. Today’s session was closed and we only got press time coverage.

Pay me a million dollars a year and I'll be glad to work out in extreme humidity. I wouldn't bitch one bit. Hell, pay me $200,000 per year and I'll do it. These players must not realize that some people have jobs that have them working 12 hours a day outside in scorching hot sun. And those workers don't make anywhere near what an NFL player is getting paid. Go out and practice for 2 hours per day in the humidity and stop being a cream puff.

So very easy to say this in your comfy chair indoors. You wouldn’t last facing LBs and DLs coming to knock your head off.

My goodness, I can’t belive how this question turned into a hyper focus therapy group on what words were used, exaggerated responses and shots at each other. I thought the man asked a question. Today’s session was closed and we only got press time coverage.

Speaking of press time coverage, thought the TE interviews were interesting. We'll see about physically, but mentally the TE room seems like it's going to be much, much stronger.

And let me guess, you had to walk uphill to school both ways barefoot, right?
In the snow through molasses

True, but most of those players from back then don’t remember how to hold a fork today
Those teams were tough as nails and rarely lost at home. Having experienced that starting in 1970 and then the post-Shula era from 1995 I have to admit I long for the former.

DF_IfCyXYAALHk4.jpg

If you tied to do now what Shula did then you would kill players - it's just to hot - when I was young average temperature was 82 and it was hot when it was 84-85 now it's in the 90's

When Shula coaching the Colts, he wouldn't let any water or ice on the field for the players.

He's not wrong. Ever worked in a warehouse?

Your average guy who does physical labor for a living would love to do 1-2 hours of outdoor football activities every day in place of what he does, I can guarantee you that.

Yea I think it's a pretty non-controversial statement that the average guy doing physical labor for a living would love play some football for a few hours a day instead. Had he just said that, I probably wouldn't have responded at all.

The whole belittling of the work they've put in their whole lives to get there, and the idea of "how dare they complain" because a ton of people would love to take their place (without putting in the literal thousands of hours of practice/games/injury risk without any guarantee of reaching the NFL payday, of course) is just an echo chamber of stupid IMO.

• Wide receiver Leonte Carroo (knee), safety Jordan Lucas (injury) and wide receiver Thomas Duarte (shoulder) are not practicing
a bit pointless to point out there not practicing when there injured

Not to sure you can take away much from OTA's except Tannehill really is moving around well and just maybe we hit big signing FA Robert Quinn
Quinn/Wake could be special on passing play's

The way some of our FA pickups have worked lately it would be a major plus to find a really good one

Back
Top Bottom