Tom Brady one of 4 top athletes | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tom Brady one of 4 top athletes

Last, Brady is NO Joe Montana dude --- though the comparison is an easy one to make. Bottom line, take Brady out of the McFootball system he’s in, put him on an also-ran team, and he’d be just another mediocre QB…

You could say that about any QB, take them off a great team and put them on an also-ran and obviosuly they won't be as good. Take away all the great players and the great Bill Walsh from Montana's career and who knows?

nyjunc said:
You could say that about any QB, take them off a great team and put them on an also-ran and obviosuly they won't be as good. Take away all the great players and the great Bill Walsh from Montana's career and who knows?

I agree. Football is the ultimate TEAM game, and Brady is a "system" player, and NOT a great individual football player like a Marino. Dan Marino carried the Dolphins for pretty much his whole career with a piece of #*%! D and a NO running game O. In a similar situation Brady would implode

E.G., Walter Payton got most of his yards on a crap team with a piece of $hit O line --- if he was on a great team with an awesome O-line (like E Smith) he would have rushed for [geezus knows what ridiculous # yrds].

in Perspective...

More to the point...

If I was starting a new team from scratch, and I could pick ANY active QB as my "franchise" guy, there are a number of QB's I'd take in a flash over Brady, including Vick, Manning, Rothlisberger, Brees, Carr, and others.

inExile said:
More to the point...

If I was starting a new team from scratch, and I could pick ANY active QB as my "franchise" guy, there are a number of QB's I'd take in a flash over Brady, including Vick, Manning, Rothlisberger, Brees, Carr, and others.

I disagree there, I could see Manning and maybe Vick based on talent alone but those other guys aren't more talented than Brady and pbviously don't have the intangibles that Brady has. If all things were equal(team wise) I'd still take Brady over just about anybody.

Whatever...

If you take Brady you better get Belichick and the entire "system" to surround ***gie boy with...

Hell, Pennington can give Brady a good run for the money...(BTW, aren't you supposed to be a j-e-t-s fan?

inExile said:
Whatever...

If you take Brady you better get Belichick and the entire "system" to surround ***gie boy with...

Hell, Pennington can give Brady a good run for the money...(BTW, aren't you supposed to be a j-e-t-s fan?

Yes I'm a Jets fan, does that mean I can't think a non-Jet is great? Tom Brady is so underrated it's unreal. Why is it that Bellichick made Brady? Maybe Brady made BB? BB struggled in Cleveland w/o TB so who knows if TB is the reason and not BB? Obviously BB has something to do w/ it but to dismiss Brady is just foolish.

nyjunc said:
Yes I'm a Jets fan, does that mean I can't think a non-Jet is great? Tom Brady is so underrated it's unreal. Why is it that Bellichick made Brady? Maybe Brady made BB? BB struggled in Cleveland w/o TB so who knows if TB is the reason and not BB? Obviously BB has something to do w/ it but to dismiss Brady is just foolish.

BB didn't have the PATS organization in Cleveland, and now a days the NFL is all about who's got the best organization --- top to bottom.

Listen, if you think Brady is so great, and he's the engine that drives the team, that's your right. However, I bet the majority of personnel directors in the league would define him as I do --- a “system†player.

Take away the “system†and Brady is very ordinary --- unlike a REAL exceptional player who can actually carry a team (which, of course, there are VERY FEW of).

As I described, there are a number of QB’s in the league with superior skill to Brady, but none of them have been anywhere near as lucky and fortunate as he has.

Brady is the poster boy for the saying: “it’s better to be lucky than goodâ₦â€Â

BB didn't have the PATS organization in Cleveland, and now a days the NFL is all about who's got the best organization --- top to bottom.

The organization just magically became great when BB took over?

Listen, if you think Brady is so great, and he's the engine that drives the team, that's your right. However, I bet the majority of personnel directors in the league would define him as I do --- a “system†player.

Every GM in the league would do cartwheels if they could have Brady on their team. Even the greatest coaching ever cannot hide flaws for 4 years. I could but it if they only won in '01 but to come back 2 of the next 3 years and do it again proves he's more than just a system QB. He is a great QB and is well on his way to becoming an all-time great QB.

As I described, there are a number of QB’s in the league with superior skill to Brady, but none of them have been anywhere near as lucky and fortunate as he has.

There's alot more to being a great QB than just having the physical skills. If that wasn't the case then Jeff George and Ryan Leaf would be HOFers, Brady has physical skills and more importantly he has the mental skills. He knows the game, he is a brilliant player. He doesn't make the mistakes that other QBs make in big games and go back and check the players he was handing off to and passing to(before Dillon), he didn't have any great players around him. The man is a GREAT QB and the best overall QB in the game. Sure there are better fantasy players like Manning and Culpepper but if I have 1 game to win the man I want QBing my team is Tom Brady and it's not even close.

inExile said:

Take away the “system†and Brady is very ordinary --- unlike a REAL exceptional player who can actually carry a team (which, of course, there are VERY FEW of).

Brady is the poster boy for the saying: “it’s better to be lucky than good…â€Â

:roflmao:

Classic. All QB's are system QB's. That is the secret. And, who's to say Brady couldn't perform in Indy's offense?

It is actually pure comedy. You fight and fight and fight to prove a losing point. Now, Brady is not the greatest or best, blah blha blah, but he is damn good.

Some day you'll see. Until then have fun being bitter.

PAThetic

I've never seen a bigger bunch of LOSERS disguised as winners in my life!

:shout:New England (perennial loser franchise) has turned the "Super Bowl" into the duper bowl!

Talk about a football farce! Soon enough the Pats will be back on the bottom where they belong --- in a pool of excrement excreted by the ferocious Fish!
:whip2:

“The Miami Flounder will rise from the bottom and become MIGHTY DOLPHINS once again!â€Â

:nesucks:

inExile said:
I've never seen a bigger bunch of LOSERS disguised as winners in my life!

:shout:New England (perennial loser franchise) has turned the "Super Bowl" into the duper bowl!

Talk about a football farce! Soon enough the Pats will be back on the bottom where they belong --- in a pool of excrement excreted by the ferocious Fish!
:whip2:

“The Miami Flounder will rise from the bottom and become MIGHTY DOLPHINS once again!â€Â

:nesucks:

Oh how the mighty have fallen. I remember the Mighty Dolphin Fan... always winning, never needed to stop to lealous lows. Well, looks like "MIghty Dolphin Fan - Nex generation" clearly lacks that of the original.

Cheers!

DW

patsdynasty said:
Tom Brady is the most high-profile athlete in Boston, which says a lot considering that the city is the center of the sports universe.

Boston is the center of the sports universe. I guess if you live in Boston it is.
Outside of Boston ... it's not a big draw. NE in the SB is not a big draw for advertisers. The Red Sox, when they are not playing the Yankees are not a big draw in the playoffs. They will be even less especially now that they have won a WS. The Celtics were a big draw about 20 years ago. It's about viewership and subsequent advertising dollars. Granted Boston is not Milwaukee but it's not NY, Chcago, etc.

Dirtywater said:
Oh how the mighty have fallen. I remember the Mighty Dolphin Fan... always winning, never needed to stop to lealous lows. Well, looks like "MIghty Dolphin Fan - Nex generation" clearly lacks that of the original.

Cheers!

DW

People get frustrated because of the parity. It's hard to look at the Pats as a "Dynasty" (completely stupid term by the way) because they do not fit the model many of us grew up with. The Pats have never really blown out the opposing team in the SB and even in a lot of other playoff games. So we hear about the breaks going their way, the calls, the luck, etc.

We don't see the dominance of the 90s Cowboys or 80s San Fran teams when we look at the Pats. Most SB were pretty decisive in the 80s and 90s. With the Pats we see a really effecient team which either plays down to the level of their opponent or is just a a little bit better than everyone else.

I am not a big fan of parity. With parity you never will get a truly great team. In fact you will end up with a lot of cellar to SB teams and SB to cellar teams within a few years of each other. Of course that doesn't apply to NE.

GreenMts said:
People get frustrated because of the parity. It's hard to look at the Pats as a "Dynasty" (completely stupid term by the way) because they do not fit the model many of us grew up with. The Pats have never really blown out the opposing team in the SB and even in a lot of other playoff games. So we hear about the breaks going their way, the calls, the luck, etc.

We don't see the dominance of the 90s Cowboys or 80s San Fran teams when we look at the Pats. Most SB were pretty decisive in the 80s and 90s. With the Pats we see a really effecient team which either plays down to the level of their opponent or is just a a little bit better than everyone else.

I am not a big fan of parity. With parity you never will get a truly great team. In fact you will end up with a lot of cellar to SB teams and SB to cellar teams within a few years of each other. Of course that doesn't apply to NE.

I pretty much agree with this. The NFL has definitely become a league littered with mediocrity and McFootball systems where the individual player is a plug-n-play component.

Note: Only in a league like that can a perennial LOSER like New England produce a duper bowl team!

Great TEAMS are comprised of GREAT PLAYERS, not just “efficient†players like Brady. Barf! :barf:

There are NO great teams anymore because the league is talent diluted and essentially purged of “soul.†In this way the Pats (the state-of-the-art boring, soulless McFranchise) are like the Borg from StarTrek!

:lol: Giant ASSsimilators! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom