Tom Brady one of 4 top athletes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tom Brady one of 4 top athletes

patsdynasty

3peat bound in motown!
Reaction score
Great article on what seperates Tom Terrific from all other pro athletes in America:

link:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7751135/

Article:

Tom Brady
The new face of the NFL has led the New England Patriots to three of the last four Super Bowl titles.

He is not flashy but in the last few months has hosted Saturday Night Live and made a few trips to Washington in the hopes of sparking interest in a future career in politics.

Brady is the classic example of a professional athlete who sacrifices personal statistics for the success of his teammates. After five seasons in the NFL, Brady, 27, has been compared to Joe Montana and he deserves this newfound status.

He is a lock to enter the Pro Football Hall of Fame after he ends his career and could end up with more than four Super Bowl rings. He doesn't have the passing statistics of other great quarterbacks, but he has quietly thrown for 13,925 yards and 97 touchdowns.

Brady plays his best in the playoffs and should become more dominant in the next few seasons as a pure passer if the Patriots get a few big-time playmakers in free agency. You never hear anything negative when his name comes up and he continues to want to become a better role model who leads by example.

I expect him to run for Congress before he turns 40 and I don't know too many football fans who wouldn't vote for him in a national election. Tom Brady is the most high-profile athlete in Boston, which says a lot considering that the city is the center of the sports universe.

patsdynasty said:
Tom Brady is the most high-profile athlete in Boston, which says a lot considering that the city is the center of the sports universe.

Not sure I agree with that.

I can think of several athletes that might have a higher profile.

Ortiz, Schilling, Ramirez and Damon just to name a few. Outside of the Red Sox, I would agree with that though.

He is a lock to enter the Pro Football Hall of Fame after he ends his career and could end up with more than four Super Bowl rings. He doesn't have the passing statistics of other great quarterbacks, but he has quietly thrown for 13,925 yards and 97 touchdowns.
They said the same about Kurt Warner, too....A little too premature for that.

OutsideObserver said:
They said the same about Kurt Warner, too....A little too premature for that.

Look, I realize that this thread being posted in a Fin forum will draw plenty of hate lol, but come on. To even compare Brady to Kurt Warner is a stretch at best.

Dirtywater said:
Look, I realize that this thread being posted in a Fin forum will draw plenty of hate lol, but come on. To even compare Brady to Kurt Warner is a stretch at best.
DW, I AM NOT A FINS FAN....
You may know from such screen names as GreenMachine from theganggreen.com......
Troy McClure now thats a HOF!

Kurt Warner??? Come on!! Give the guy his due. He's a shoe-in HOF'er if he never took another snap. I don't think he'll put up huge Marino, Manning even Fouts or Moon numbers but he is on top of his game big time. Congrats to him, he's not flash but right now, he is the man. ****er.

OutsideObserver said:
DW, I AM NOT A FINS FAN....
You may know from such screen names as GreenMachine from theganggreen.com......
Troy McClure now thats a HOF!

Ha! Good to see you here GM.

I'm not saying Brady is a lock, but he certainly ain't Kurt Warner. And, if Brady is not worthy of consideration, there are not going to be a lot of inductions in our future.

*edit: Martel, great avatar, lol.

and that wuss jeff gordan needs to die, or at l east retire for good......

Brady...(what a freakin' joke)

Brady, more than ANY other player in the history of the football universe, is just the product of (a) a boring McFootball system, and (b) loves taking it up the [fill in the orifice] with Bellichick!

When the league stops protecting this ***gie boy, and some 300lb DE drives him into the ground, mark my word --- he will FOLD like a cheap polyester suit!

:roflmao:

inExile said:
Brady, more than ANY other player in the history of the football universe, is just the product of (a) a boring McFootball system,
Joe Montana was the product of a system... didn't mean he wasn't a great quarterback.

When the league stops protecting this ***gie boy, and some 300lb DE drives him into the ground, mark my word --- he will FOLD like a cheap polyester suit!
1. How is the "league" protecting him?

2. Brady's got that Marino-esque knack for sliding around in the pocket to avoid pressure. He doesn't get hit hard very often. And when he does, he doesn't seem to fold.

Brady...

Yea yea, he's pretty good --- and he DOES move in the pocket better than most current NFL QB's. I'm being (obviously) hard on the guy. He's produced for New England and he deserves the $$$.

However, IMO, when a defense starts getting some real pressure on him, and he doesn't have wide open passing lanes, his game breaks down real quick. I really don't think he's a "tough" player --- and a big D line can physically intimidate him.

The Pats have been a good team (NOT a great team) in a league that's really thin right now --- as evidenced by the classic strong teams (Miami, Dallas, Oakland, etc.) MIA. But then again, it's all about timing, and the timing has been right for the Pats (along with officiating, scheduling, and a laundry list of breaks the league has used to prop up this supposed “dynastyâ€Â).

Last, Brady is NO Joe Montana dude --- though the comparison is an easy one to make. Bottom line, take Brady out of the McFootball system he’s in, put him on an also-ran team, and he’d be just another mediocre QB…

FaninPatsyLand said:
Not sure I agree with that.

I can think of several athletes that might have a higher profile.

Ortiz, Schilling, Ramirez and Damon just to name a few. Outside of the Red Sox, I would agree with that though.

I agree, Boston is a Sox town. They are enjoying the Pats success but it pales in comparison to the Sox.

Brady never had the 3 year stretch Warner had(few, if any, have) but there's no question Brady is overall better and is a lock for the HOF. I compare Brady to Derek Jeter(I know it will make Sox fans cringe but...) in that both of them are just winners. They don't put up the incredible #s that a Manning or an AROD put up(when ARod was a SS) but they step up in big situations and just are great leaders and winners.

Back
Top Bottom