Tom Brady said he tried to emulate Dan Marino, even though Marino had a "much stronger arm" than him | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tom Brady said he tried to emulate Dan Marino, even though Marino had a "much stronger arm" than him

Good thing he left the Patriots… makes it easier to not hate the guy.
How stupid and egotistical of Kraft and Belicek to get rid of the goat when really there were no signs of him slowing down.

Folks have been saying for 5 years every year that it looked to them that he was slowing down, every year I thought, that person doesn’t know what to look for

How stupid and egotistical of Kraft and Belicek to get rid of the goat when really there were no signs of him slowing down.

Folks have been saying for 5 years every year that it looked to them that he was slowing down, every year I thought, that person doesn’t know what to look for
Kraft and Brady would race to the Orchids of Asia massage parlor from the parking lot.

When Kraft started to win consistently, he knew it was time for Tom to go.

You are making an assumption that Brady didn't want out.

It was an odd situation, but I read it as, like Gronk, he just didn't want to play there.

Marino will always be my favorite and when Montana retired, I'd tell everybody that Joe was the GOAT. But, Brady has that distinction now. Miami always gave him more fits than any other AFC East team and I loved it as much as any Dolphins fan when NE lost the SB to finish 18-1. I never hated the guy, certainly never thought he'd have the career he's had after he shocked the Rams for his first ring. I respect the hell out of him and it is much easier to like him now that he's in Tampa. We are watching a player the likes of which we will never see again in our lifetime.

We are coming down to Miami for the Colts game Oct 3 and I was looking forward to relaxing in a bar or in the room and seeing Tampa go into F^cksboro and beats their ass....but my daughter saw that Guns and Roses are playing the Seminole Hard Rock that night at 7. So, that's where I'll be! The wife will be at the dollar slots.

Brady going to Bucs, to me, made him more likable. I cannot deny the fact that the dude is simply a winner. On the flip side, i can never give props to Belicheat. I hope the Bucs go up there and smack the sh*t of the Patsies, and rub the smirk of that sour puss Belicheat's face.

What makes him amazing is every year he won differently. Some years he had a weak receivers group, weak O-line, other years weak running game and other years the defense was porous. Somehow he adjusted his game to match his teammates strengths. Somewhat miraculously, he remained healthy all these years.
Like the guy, hate the guy, he does it well.
Nutrition, film study, training, leadership.... he wins.

I don't like him as a competitor, but I respect him. Works hard man. Grinds. And he has that hard edge like Danny did.

So glad he is in Tampa.

Does anyone remember the overtime game vs the Pats around 2003-2004 I think?

I vividly remember the OT coin flip with Brady and I think it was Sam Madison. The refs mistakenly called the coin flip result wrong, and they asked Madison if they wanted to receive and he immediately answered while Brady was whining loudly to the refs that 'IT WASN'T HEADS!' repeatedly - or something along those lines.

The TV cameras picked this all up at the time, but was pre-DVR days for DirecTV I believe. Refs were just moving forward with their mistake since their mics were on, as Brady got angrier and angrier. Madison knew the refs F'd up and was chuckling and running back. This is what I remember Brady for. And also the tuck rule game vs the Raiders. And a lot of 'crying' to the refs for roughing before it became a bigger deal in the NFL.

No doubt he is a great QB. I clearly have my biases against the Pats and Brady. But he sure did complain/whine and cry a lot. I don't remember Marino coming across as whining, just his face beet red yelling at everyone (ref/teammate/opponent). He seems to be the GOAT, but the rules were different for PI in the 1980's so it's hard to say who was the better QB imo. I suppose this spans many generations of football though, way past 1983. Stfu and count the rings is probably the answer I don't want to hear.

I was really hoping to find a clip of this incident on YouTube or something but I never could. Curious if anyone remembers this game.

TB12 getting a lot of stimulus money along with soft balls tarnishes it just a tiny bit imo.

I love David Tyree.

Mods delete this please if this is inappropriate in this thread.

That’s an odd thing to remember about that game. I remember Mare missing 2 field goals, and Tom Brady throwing a bomb in overtime for the win against the allegedly great Dolphins defense.

Back
Top Bottom