Tom Brady said he tried to emulate Dan Marino, even though Marino had a "much stronger arm" than him | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tom Brady said he tried to emulate Dan Marino, even though Marino had a "much stronger arm" than him

Tom Brady using those 2 qb as models... no wonder he won all those rings. He had little of both styles, but most of all he made it look easy. Hopefully Tua can pick up our offense in his own way. Cant wait

As much as I hate Brady, his career has been fascinating. I would argue he has never been the “best” on field QB at any point in his career (he has certainly been top 3 at points). However, he will undoubtedly go down as the best QB ever at simply winning. It’s unlikely another player will ever reach his SB accolades again. The only real issue against his legacy is the fact that every fan knows he and BB “bent” the rules as much as possible in NE to gain competitive advantages.

I think that his understanding of the game, his competitive nature, and his positive attitude are the reasons for his success. Most guys will talk about improving but they mean if this guy caught a pass or that guy read his block. Brady means it. Even after a great performance and a win.

Guys like Dan Marino and Peyton Manning made their teammates believe that he gave them a chance to win every game. Brady’s attitude makes his teammates believe that they can win any game. He makes the team believe in themselves and in improving all the time. Which isn’t an easy sell. He didn’t harp on the things they did wrong. He points to where they can improve. Hopefully we have a leader on this team that can push that narrative because I believe that is the secret to his success as a QB.

What makes him amazing is every year he won differently. Some years he had a weak receivers group, weak O-line, other years weak running game and other years the defense was porous. Somehow he adjusted his game to match his teammates strengths. Somewhat miraculously, he remained healthy all these years.

Good thing he left the Patriots… makes it easier to not hate the guy.
I hate the Pats, and deflate gate left a bad impression but as a Michigan fan, seeing how he was underappreciated (really screwed) there, combined with an overcoming almost impossible odds to become, arguably, the GOAT, I do have a bit if a soft spot for the guy.

Back
Top Bottom