Tom Brady's New Deal | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tom Brady's New Deal

we dont need a dominant ray lewis type....

pats fill in vets who are considered done, and have nothing left, but when they come to the pats they are re energized...

and the pats stadium/ facilities are better than miami's

pats were ranked right behind the texans in that category, miami was 7th

and reliant stadium is awesome too, pats enjoyed playing there and winning #2 there

Considering that Brady has led the Pats to 3 Superbowls in 5 years, they got a bargain when you compare it to the deals that Vick and Manning (at least the numbers I saw flashed up on SportsCenter a little bit ago).

It's good for the Pats because they actually gained cap room for this year and have some flexibility for next year (see below) if they can work it out.

From ESPN
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2054072

"Brady will have a salary cap charge of $8.429 million for 2005, which is between $1.5 million and $2 million less than under his old contract. But his cap number for 2006 jumps to a prohibitive $14.423 million, meaning the contract will have to be revisited probably by converting the option bonus into a signing bonus, which can then be prorated. "

I'm not a Pats fan, but the Pats continue to make moves that are in their own best interest--paying their team leader a decent salary while at the same time thinking about the rest of the team.

patsdynasty said:

pats fill in vets who are considered done, and have nothing left, but when they come to the pats they are re energized...

and reliant stadium is awesome too, pats enjoyed playing there and winning #2 there

What does the facilities have to do with anything?

patsdynasty said:

I don't care what someone ranked them. I've seen them and just like you're opinion, I have my own and Yes Reliant and their bubble and weight room are top notch. I've watched games in all the before mentioned stadiums and Reliant has become my favorite...that's hard to admit as a dolfan but it truly is that nice. Even though you can actually fit TWO Astrodomes inside it, it doesn't feel as caverness as a place like the SuperDome or the old Astodome. Blah blah blah...just some useless information.

Let's hope we can spook Brady ala MNF like the Pats do against Peyton Manning.

patsdynasty said:
:roflmao: im still waiting to hear a good explanation from you.....

brady was close to not getting the ext done, that WOULD of been great for you guys, but now things are fine.....
It's good for us because that bonus will put you in cap hell in 2006 and beyond. Brady won't do you much good if you have to cut your whole offense in the next 2-3 years to keep him.

no they wont because they will restructure it and brady is willing and aware of it........

"There is also a team goal of trying to win Super Bowls, which is most important. Anyone that chooses to play on the Patriots realizes that goal supersedes any other individual player goal. You have to make decisions as an individual on whether you want to be a member of this team or not," he said. "I know where my priorities are."

patsdynasty said:
no they wont because they will restructure it and brady is willing and aware of it........

"There is also a team goal of trying to win Super Bowls, which is most important. Anyone that chooses to play on the Patriots realizes that goal supersedes any other individual player goal. You have to make decisions as an individual on whether you want to be a member of this team or not," he said. "I know where my priorities are."
So then what's the point of the deal? All it does is make you lose out on free agents while the restructuring is being finalized.

What are the details of the deal? What are the base salaries for each year? Are there roster, workout, and performance bonuses?
Its quite possible that the deal is structured to be cap friendly in the first 2 or 3 years and then the base salaries escalate in the last 3 or 4 years. Even that might not be a cap killer, because by then the cap may be $100mill. Whatever the case, Belichek isnt stupid so Im sure he didnt mortgage the Pats' future with this deal.

he still gets all of it but they restructure it over time, if the player isnt cool with that then they leave and that it.... but brady has already said he will work it out and will do whats best for the org while still making himself comfortable.,....

TokyoFishFan said:
Considering that Brady has led the Pats to 3 Superbowls in 5 years, they got a bargain when you compare it to the deals that Vick and Manning (at least the numbers I saw flashed up on SportsCenter a little bit ago).

It's good for the Pats because they actually gained cap room for this year and have some flexibility for next year (see below) if they can work it out.

From ESPN
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2054072

"Brady will have a salary cap charge of $8.429 million for 2005, which is between $1.5 million and $2 million less than under his old contract. But his cap number for 2006 jumps to a prohibitive $14.423 million, meaning the contract will have to be revisited probably by converting the option bonus into a signing bonus, which can then be prorated. "

I'm not a Pats fan, but the Pats continue to make moves that are in their own best interest--paying their team leader a decent salary while at the same time thinking about the rest of the team.

3 out of 4 year s but i know what your saying :)

DonShula84 said:
I dont think any one expected Brady to leave the Pats. And why are you so excited about Chad Brown, the guy hasnt done a thing in the league for a few years now. He is a nice signing for depth, and he'll make some plays no doubt, but he isnt Ray Lewis or anything.

Remember this is the same guy that thinks "the piece of garbage that is" David Terrell is going to BREAKOUT this year cause Brady is throwing to him.

That and Logan Mankins is going to step in this year and become the best player to come out of this draft.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Remember this is the same guy that thinks "the piece of garbage that is" David Terrell is going to BREAKOUT this year cause Brady is throwing to him.

That and Logan Mankins is going to step in this year and become the best player to come out of this draft.

Thinking Terrell is going to have a breakout year is not that an outlandish thought. He only can go up. And I'll say it again, you're set-in-stone arguements make you look bad. Signs may point to him being a dissapointment, but until he does it with us I'll give him a season.

And as for Mankins, although there is no way to tell who the best player to come out of the draft is (I actually don't even know how you compare who is better between different positions) I agree no one would pick Mankins, unless you're Corey Chavis on the NFL Network.

Back
Top Bottom