Mitchy71

Saskatchewan PhinFan
Reaction score
http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story.asp?id=124182

Report: Brady signs new deal with Pats

clear.gif

Sports Ticker

5/7/2005 5:14:54 PM

BRISTOL, Connecticut (Ticker) - Tom Brady apparently has received a handsome reward for leading the New England Patriots to three of the last four Super Bowl titles.

ESPN.com is reporting that the two-time Super Bowl MVP quarterback has signed a six-year, $60 million contract.

According to the report, the contract includes a $14.5 million signing bonus and a $12 million option bonus that is due next spring. Brady had two years remaining on his previous deal but now is signed through 2010.

This bodes good for us. That big contract will kill them for the next few years.

Do they get to write any of that off as OC pay? :chuckle:

I can't wait to see them this year... should be entertaining.

:roflmao: lol

thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard on these boards, that bodes well for you????

NOT!!!!!!!!!!

miami fans and everyone else was hoping somehow brady would leave the pats after 2006, but now u can forget it.....

also chad brown is signed so that bodes well too for you guys right??????

:roflmao: tell me how that works well for you, cant wait to hear it.......

the rich keep getting richer.......... bottom line...

patsdynasty said:

thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard on these boards, that bodes well for you????

NOT!!!!!!!!!!

miami fans and everyone else was hoping somehow brady would leave the pats after 2006, but now u can forget it.....

Mod edit::tsk:

phinphanphrommi said:
Do they get to write any of that off as OC pay? :chuckle:

I can't wait to see them this year... should be entertaining.

yeah will be entertaining for us pats fans, but not for you and the rest of nfl fans,,,

unless it turns u on seeing your bitter rival win another superbowl, then great, more power to ya

patsdynasty said:

Im actually amazed that a Patsfan actually understood the word bodes. Maybe he doesn't, that why he is giggling.

Just curious as to what he thinks it means?

patsdynasty said:

You were being really cool last night...what happened?

...anyway, about Chad Brown. It's not a bad signing. Does it guarantee you another superbowl? No.

But here's the thing. How is this different from when we signed Junior Seau? All you pats fans came here saying how he was washed up, we were excited about nothing, blah blah.

Be consistent, call it both ways. Come on man.

:roflmao: im still waiting to hear a good explanation from you.....

brady was close to not getting the ext done, that WOULD of been great for you guys, but now things are fine.....

DolphinDevil28 said:
You were being really cool last night...what happened?

...anyway, about Chad Brown. It's not a bad signing. Does it guarantee you another superbowl? No.

But here's the thing. How is this different from when we signed Junior Seau? All you pats fans came here saying how he was washed up, we were excited about nothing, blah blah.

Be consistent, call it both ways. Come on man.

im cool everyday, and i love seau, i never dissed him, i saw him play several times when he was with sd......

but its much different, because we already have a strong foundation/ team / top notch conditioning facilities...... chad brown will fit right in and do well, and next feb in motwon will earn a sb ring with the pats....

patsdynasty said:
:roflmao: im still waiting to hear a good explanation from you.....

brady was close to not getting the ext done, that WOULD of been great for you guys, but now things are fine.....

I think you're borderlining on troll-esque behavior.

patsdynasty said:
but its much different, because we already have a strong foundation/ team / top notch conditioning facilities......

Yeah, because the Fins' training facilities are crap. :rolleyes:

Seriously, they might be the nicest in all of sports.

yea its on my computer....but thats because google is on my computer :rolleyes:

patsdynasty said:
im cool everyday, and i love seau, i never dissed him, i saw him play several times when he was with sd......

but its much different, because we already have a strong foundation/ team / top notch conditioning facilities...... chad brown will fit right in and do well, and next feb in motwon will earn a sb ring with the pats....

this is nitpicking but while I've give you the pats have a "strong foundation/team" there is no way you have better facilities than the Dolphins. NONE. The only other team that can match Miami in that sense is Houston...which I've toured all 3 (plus the Rams, Cowboys, Saints, and Phili)...speaking of phili's...theirs suck. they must have been built when the vet was!

patsdynasty said:

NOT!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think any one expected Brady to leave the Pats. And why are you so excited about Chad Brown, the guy hasnt done a thing in the league for a few years now. He is a nice signing for depth, and he'll make some plays no doubt, but he isnt Ray Lewis or anything.

Back
Top Bottom