Tommy Hendricks for starting OLB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tommy Hendricks for starting OLB

The Beach Bum

Communication Artist, DSOA, WPB.FL
Reaction score
What does everyone think of this guy? He is a wild man... He is mostly a special teamer, but comes in on goal line situations. He hits almost as hard as Zach and he is emotional as anybody. If you have seen some of his ST tackles, you know what im talking about... I have been waiting for the day he takes one of our lb's starting spots, he just might get one if rodgers leaves. He is a monster in goal line... he is the one that stoped EJames like twice in that goal line stand in Indy..Then again, there are always reasons why someone is a backup and not a starter... slow, not intelligent, ??? who knows..

I have never thought about this. I know his natural position is MLB, but he can't be worse then any of the OLBs starting now. It could be something that we could try, but just because someone is good at special teams doesn't mean they are good playing D in the NFL.

No Way! He is too slow....I mean look if he is behind Rodgers and Greenwood...you know he sucks! Because th coaches would take him out of his natural position and play him elsewhere like Nails and Dixon.

His actual natural position is safety. Miami converted him to MLB when they signed him.

I like Hendricks but I think at best he's a back-up and a great special teamers.

This is what camp is for. If there isn't an upgrade via free agency then Wanny and Co. had better give everyone who wants a chance to start a look. Hendricks deserves a look based on what he has done for the franchise so far. I said a look, no promises, just a look.

The idea of returning with Derrick Rodgers is nuts. The last time he hit someone was in that South Beach bar, and that was in August!

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Or how about we actually go out and sign a proven OLB lol
we must do that even if Hendricks is slotted as a starter after Rodgers is cut. But signing a vet seems a given as well as drafting a new LB

I think Tommy Hendricks and he should be given a shot.He is the type of player that will deliver a blow and he is very emotional.I think the Dolphins might consider moving Greenwood to weakside linebacker to give him opportunity to make more plays...

Ummm...

No.

Tommy Hendricks can't get it done...

Period.

:monkey: on that idea...

No offense but he is too slow and too small...and too raw...
besides we already have one Morlon Greenwood, with those same characteristics (except for the speed).

Back
Top Bottom