Tommy Morrison to box again. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tommy Morrison to box again.

Your risk is less when you don't fight him, so that's why I'd stay at home

You could get hit by a BUS too on the way to the event. Stay in your bed all day. Even less risk then!!!! :rolleyes: :shakeno: :shakeno:

1. how could he not be hiv positive now? why did it take 11 years to correct the diagnosis? Something is up with that.
2. True, it is not easy to transmit hiv, but if they have a cut on both their faces, and they are in one of the many clinches they should be in(if these guys are really gonna be boxing), their faces and open wounds could very easily collide and would undoubtedly spread the disease.

it is not worth the risk for a small frye, small pay, west virginia show.

people forget how horrible hiv is to live with, how expensive and debilitating the ****tails are to maintain this disease, and how not everyone has results like magic johnson when medicating.

I was stunned when I first heard this. I thought Morrison died years ago. Seriously.

As for whether an HIV-positive boxer should be allowed to get in the ring, I say "go for it". It's a brutal, violent, life-threatening, life-shortening and life-altering sport to begin with. To sit and pontificate about the infinitesimal chance of getting HIV seems hypocritical to me.

1. how could he not be hiv positive now? why did it take 11 years to correct the diagnosis? Something is up with that.
2. True, it is not easy to transmit hiv, but if they have a cut on both their faces, and they are in one of the many clinches they should be in(if these guys are really gonna be boxing), their faces and open wounds could very easily collide and would undoubtedly spread the disease.

people forget how horrible hiv is to live with, how expensive and debilitating the ****tails are to maintain this disease, and how not everyone has results like magic johnson when medicating.

You bleed outward, not inward. It would be dang near impossible, even if their two cuts did rub, to transmit the disease that way. Furthermore, once HIV or AIDS is exposed to the open air, it dies. So it takes away almost any chance of the disease being transferred.

I was stunned when I first heard this. I thought Morrison died years ago. Seriously.

As for whether an HIV-positive boxer should be allowed to get in the ring, I say "go for it". It's a brutal, violent, life-threatening, life-shortening and life-altering sport to begin with. To sit and pontificate about the infinitesimal chance of getting HIV seems hypocritical to me.

Agreed 100%.

Co-Sign. I mean 11 years to find out you don't have it. That's a major red flag right there. But then again, this guy fighting him knows the risk. If he's willing to step in the ring with Morrison then more power to him!

If there was a risk........the commision would NEVER let him fight. Because godforbid someone (ref, ringside, opponent...etc) got infected the lawsuits would come so fast and be so large it would bankrupt whoever is responsible.

Trust me, there is no risk!!!! Those big buildings in Vegas don't go up overnight because stupid people are running things out in that city!

If there was a risk........the commision would NEVER let him fight. Because godforbid someone (ref, ringside, opponent...etc) got infected the lawsuits would come so fast and be so large it would bankrupt whoever is responsible.

Trust me, there is no risk!!!! Those big buildings in Vegas don't go up overnight because stupid people are running things out in that city!

Who is running WV though?

Im a boxing fan, Morrison was fun to watch when he was younger. He had a huge punch, but he was a punching bag against good fighters. Really if hes been cleared I dont have any issue with him fighting, but hes got no chance of being good ever again IMO. The lay off, his lifestyle, etc hes going to be a Tyson style freakshow which is exactly what the heavyweight division does not need. Maybe he can get a fight with Bowe soon whew.

:eek: :eek:

You could get hit by a BUS too on the way to the event. Stay in your bed all day. Even less risk then!!!! :rolleyes: :shakeno: :shakeno:

:lol:

Yeah nice comparison. Whatever dude. Morrisson is gunna fight and that's jus how it is. I say I wouldn't fight him b/c I wouldn't want to risk anything with HIV and now it's said I should stay in bed all day.

Okkkkkkkkkay

They brought up some good points on PTI about this.

What took Morrisson so long to fight again? If he really isnt HIV positive, why wouldn't he have fought back in 1997. Why wouldn't he sue anyone in this entire time for a false diagnosis of HIV?

This whole thing stinks

They brought up some good points on PTI about this.

What took Morrisson so long to fight again? If he really isnt HIV positive, why wouldn't he have fought back in 1997. Why wouldn't he sue anyone in this entire time for a false diagnosis of HIV?

This whole thing stinks
Maybe he's been trying, but we havent heard until now, he's in excellent shape. And also once you announce something like that its hard to just "take" it back.

You bleed outward, not inward. It would be dang near impossible, even if their two cuts did rub, to transmit the disease that way. Furthermore, once HIV or AIDS is exposed to the open air, it dies. So it takes away almost any chance of the disease being transferred.

not true, it would just require blood getting underneath the skin. there have been several cases of horrible tradgedies...people getting HIV from mouth to mouth, from a victim who was bleeding from the mouth. doctors who stitch people, accidentally pricking themselves. it has even been transitted from cadavers to doctors. incidents such as these are not much different than two fighters clashing and exchanging blood from fresh wounds. if hiv+ bood gets in an absess, you are going to get it. its not a little nodule that needs to flow in a direction, its a virus that spreads once in the blood supply. compunded with the fact that this virus is constantly mutating, its a high risk. powers that be need to step in ad protect people too foolish to protect themselves. its our responsibility as a society.

and not to mention, this will probably be like tommy morrisons last fight, where the opponent was afraid to go near him, and let himself get knocked out in like 2 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom