Tommy Streeter??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tommy Streeter???

Fin_Frenzy_84

Starter
Reaction score
I haven't heard much about him before but he seems like he has potential to be good. He is 6-5 and runs a 4.4!!! That's amazing and I wouldn't mind Miami getting him in the third. What do some of the cane fans think of him.

Very raw. Could have used another year in college to refine his skills some more, but i think he was afraid of the QB situation and not having his cousin around (Jacory). Catches the ball too much with his body instead of extending his hands. Doesn't run great routes either. But he is a rare combination of size/speed. Wherever he goes, he will need time to develop.

Very raw. Could have used another year in college to refine his skills some more, but i think he was afraid of the QB situation and not having his cousin around (Jacory). Catches the ball too much with his body instead of extending his hands. Doesn't run great routes either. But he is a rare combination of size/speed. Wherever he goes, he will need time to develop.

Maybe the jimmy graham of recievers???

Tommy Streeter Miami 6-5 215
Pros:
Terrific size…Great speed for his size (reportedly sub 4.4)…will go up and get the football in traffic…runs a great “go” route…maturing (has admitted to improving his attitude from last year to this year)…He catches the ball with his hands well when it’s a go up and get them in the N.F.L….could be a huge red-zone threat at the N.F.L. level…huge upside…agile has nice little subtle moves in his route running so he could develop into a real plus route runner
Cons:
Lets the ball travel into his body too often instead of catching it with his hands (especially on shorter routes)…really raw as a route runner, in terms of timing/percision…needs to see him catching the ball more in traffic
Player comparison: Darrius Hewyard-Bey
Heyward Bey entered the league as a raw route runner with shaky hands and a great size speed combination. Streeter is even bigger than Heyward Bey, but not as fast. Streeter has better size, but is really thin in his frame, any team taking Streeter early…and someone will…is going to bank on his huge upside rather than what he is right now. Streeter has good, big hands when he catches the ball high, but lets the ball travel into his body too much at times.
You hope he can turn streeter into a Vincent Jackson kind of player if you’re drafting him, but Jackson ran a 4.46 40 yard dash at 6-5 and 241 (stronger) pounds and is a really plus route runner.
Round Projection: late 2nd or early 3rd
http://nflmocks.com/2011/12/08/2-tom...mi-hurricanes/

Definitely could have used another year in college. We were all pretty surprised to see him bolt. Wasted talent under Randy Shannon. Needs to bulk up and he could be an incredible tight end. Definite project. Needs a strong combine to boost his value and get teams to really buy in.

Maybe the jimmy graham of recievers???
Streeter is not that athletically gifted. He's extremely raw, too many body catches and he looks unnatural catching the ball. I wouldn't take him in the first 3 rounds.

Raw at everything, but that's pretty much any prospect Miami produces anymore. I don't necessarily like the Heyward-Bey comparison, Streeter is taller and not as fast. The way they play the position isn't even similar.

I think Streeter has Chris Henry type upside IF he developes. Very similar prospects in terms of size/speed ratio, frame & game.

Streeter and Stephen Hill are two underclassman WR's in this draft with very similar strengths and weaknesses, and almost identical prospects. I go back and comb over their film in an attempt to see something that seperates one from the other but I can't find it. I think Hill is a better blocker simply because he's required to go into the middle of the field and root out linebackers in Paul Johnson's triple option.

I think both of these WR's are going to be viewed very similar in terms of specific fit and general upside. It's close. How they test at the combine could end up being what determines which of these raw kids come off the board first.

Streeter would be a good pick up,it's all about the U!! PHINS UP!! wouldn't mind gettin LaMichael James or Cliff Harris 2!

Streeter was the lanky possession receiver at Miami Northwestern, opposite more highly regarded Aldarius Johnson. He was basically a throw in during the touted 2008 class, often rumored to go elsewhere until he decided to maintain his commitment and join his fellow Bulls in Coral Gables.

Fell way behind other young receivers and redshirted. Once he was on the roster he barely played and nobody had to ask why, if they watched Streeter at all. He struggled even during pre game warmups. Lazy routes and incredibly tentative. It got to be quite comical because Canes message boards were flooded with posters who remembered him from Northwestern wondering why he wasn't playing, while others who were watching in real time were saying, are you kidding?

In 2010 he rarely played and was a liability when he did. Against FAMU in the opener he wandered into the end zone and waved his arms, then dropped a ball that was a tad high but should have been caught. He was no longer a trusted player the remainder of the season. Only in the Sun Bowl against Notre Dame did he manage his first breakthrough as a Cane, a long deep ball touchdown from Stephen Morris. Granted, it was garbage time but Streeter burst down the sideline and actually caught the ball. He'd always demonstrated tense hands until that play.

Flash to 2011 and Streeter obviously would play more often, with Aldarius suspended and Hankerson gone. He was blamed for a soft out route on the vital 4th and short play against Maryland, leading to a pick six and screwing up my beautifully middled game, taking points on both sides.

From that point forth Streeter made major strides. Jacory trusted him in traffic and Streeter out of nowhere discovered the coveted athletic arrogance. He'd toy with defenders in end zone jump ball situations then shuffle his shoulders in disdain and toss the ball to the crowd. Hard to believe it was the same guy.

Those plays masked the limitations in his game. He's more one gear fast than burst explosive, and his routes are not physical or crisp enough. Streeter did come down with deep jump balls several times, including against double coverage, but he didn't assert himself on those plays and frankly got lucky a couple of times, the defenders whiffing the play on the ball while allowing Streeter to snag it despite extending his arms or boxing out not nearly as much as the situation called for.

I thought he'd turn pro. The Northwestern guys seemed locked in step. They'd been here four years so time to go, eligibility exhausted or not. You could sense it in post game interviews on WQAM all year. I wanted to bet on that one.

Admittedly, I'm better at describing what players did as Canes than projecting to the pros. I've underrated so many recent Miami products there's no use kidding any more. Calais Campbell was ridiculously soft and unproductive his final year. Jimmy Graham was obviously talented but looked like a finesse tight end. Sam Shields was the worst player on the field when Miami hosted Oklahoma in 2009. If Sam Bradford had played that game I don't know how Shields could have escaped without allowing at least 5 touchdown passes. He'd fan the bump and run then lose track of the receiver while stumbling to recover. Once Shields starred as a rookie I had to laugh, more than anything else. Objects are not as they appear, at least during the Shannon regime. I wouldn't expect it to continue under Golden's staff.

I wouldn't invest a high round pick but the arrogance that Streeter displayed was intriguing, something I always look for. If he bumps the physical nature of his game as much as he's improved his on-field confidence, you've got a player, and one who could create matchup problems.

If Miami is going to run the west coast offense, i could see Streeter being an option. Usually teams running the West Coast are looking for big receivers. He would fit that mold talent wise perfectly.

I'd say everyone has pretty much hit the nail on the head here. Very talented, but very raw. A developmental guy that will go in round 3, maybe round 2 after he blows up the combine like I expect.

Back
Top Bottom