Tonight | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tonight

dolfan201

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We need to re-estabish our running game tonight. Smith had all season to rest, now it's time to play. We need to start tonight and take it through the playoffs. We know we are capable of running the ball because we did it all last year and the first 2-3 games this year. Lamar needs that fire back, and this is the team to do it against, he needs to look back to last years playoff game....

I'm also

hoping Chambers has a big game on national TV. He needs to show the world what he is made of...

I hear ya Dolfan 201. BUT, I do not blame Lamar Smith for our lack of a running game. Our O-line has not won the battle in trenches all season (exc. Tenn). Our O-line is very banged up but we've been fortunate enough that they are protecting our QB in passing situations. Because of our backups (Folau, Irwin), they just aren't good enough to push the D-line of the line scrimmage to open up the running game. I hope they will make me eat crow tonight, it will be the best tasting crow I ever had. GO FINS!

One other thought I had about our O-line...... Why were we trying to run the ball so many times behind Folau (3rd stringer) and Irwin(2nd or 3rd stringer) last week, when the majority of the runs should've been behind Wade and Perry. Didn't we have our biggest success running the ball behind Wade all last year?

I think

our biggest problem running is They are forcing Lamar to run through the middle, he has more success when he runs to the outside. He is a runner that needs to build up steam, when he goes to the outside he gets that steam and can break tackles.

Well the problem with our running game is not lamar smith but the problem is the offensive line is banged up, but we will win tonite easily without no problem b/c we have the best rookie wr chris chambers....He's going to prove to people tonite what he is made of i say the final score will be 30-17

your absolutely right but i think the problem is that in the NFL now a days you have to be confident and fast to the whole when it opens up he has neither this year ........... we need to give Minor some more touches he is the only back with the speed to hit the whole and get to the outside if need be...........

I have been

hoping Minor would get more carries all season. I don't know why the coaches won't do it. I guess he doesn't impress them in practice.... I have been saying all along though, Smith is getting 47 yards a game, I can't believe that Minor would get less than that...

and i also think that he needs to touch it on 1st and 2nd downs not only on 3rd down .......... I also think we can open it up against this defense tonight ........... but i think the main reason we need to force the run is that we are going to definitely need it next week to keep the 49ers high powered offense off the field .

I am not

that impressed with the 49ers offense, after Sunday. We have a better D than the Rams and they kept the 49ers in check, I think we can too. My biggest concerns now are the Colts and the Patriots....

i think your right about the 49ers sam can shut down owens..........but on the road you always need to run the ball........and the patriots are kind of scary but the browns moved the ball but couldn't put it in they cant stop our offense

i still would like to see .............

fakes to lamar up the middle, whether jay hands off to somebody, throws it or runs it himself, since the line is not establishing itself, they need to draw some attention away from lamar. that friggin chan still figures the best way is by crippling the best running back the fins have!(wait until we get some linemen for crying out loud) :fire:

if we cannot run ag i the banged up Dolts we cannot run against anyone. We should be able to get some yards this game or else forget about the running game for anything but eating clock and giving Turk some more work.

Weird stat

I am certainly no Lamar Smith fan, espicially the way he is playing this year, but he is doing better than Eddie George.:eek: They both have the same dismal 2.8 yards per carry, but Lamar has had more carries which means he has more rushing yards. Damn, saying Eddie George is having an off year is an understatement.

Your right but Eddie has been hampered by injuries whats Lamars excuse ......... Lamar cant hold Eddie's Jock strap.........

Will Payton be pumped up because we broke his jaw last time or fearful of the hard hitting intensity of our defense?

Back
Top Bottom