tonights fights 6/18/05 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

tonights fights 6/18/05

d-day

Club Member
Reaction score
i like ike - always have - my favorite boxer - started off slow but then it was his second fight in the last 5 years - nasty jab - one of the best jabs in the business - took a hard shot in the 9th but came back strong at the end of the round - glad ike won - hope this is the start of a big comeback for him - looking forward to the johnson/tarver fight

wow - floyd talking up a storm - "i'm an a+ fighter arturo is a c+ fighter - i'm gonna punish him"... it will be an exciting fight next week - pound for pound though my money is on floyd

I don't see Quartey doing much more damage in the division.

He was one of my favorite fighters for awhile. I thought he easily beat Oscar back in the day. But his jab just isn't the same. It's still tough. But it's not the bazooka jab from his 147 days. It's not quick. And he doesn't fire it off at will the way he used to. Plus he's not as powerful here as he was at 147. Still, I thought he won the fight tonight and was glad to see it.

I wanted to Johnson to win tonight. But it was Tarver's night. He outclassed Johnson this time IMO. Not a big time outclassing. But he controlled the tempo of the fight. He was the aggressor. And he landed while not letting Johnson throw back. I had it 8-4.

I wish Johnson had kept coming in the 11th. That's when he had his best shot. Didn't turn out that way. Unfortunately, I don't want to see a 3rd fight. I think it'd be just like this one. Perhaps even more one-sided towards Tarver.

But I'd really love to see Gatti beat Mayweather. I know it's a lot of hype. But regardless, I root for underdogs. And I root against trash talkers.

Cant wait for Gatti to fight this guy its going to be a hard fought battle but even though Floydd is a trash talkin ******* I still think hes going to take Gatti and that kills me 2 say that considering he represents Canada well.

The Tarver fight was alright, but Im with you Muck, I dont really want to see a 3rd one. I missed the first half of the fight though, and I thought Johnson had a shot in the 11th but he couldnt keep it going. And Tarver just didnt give him a chance in the 12th, he was smart.
I love Mayweather, he talks so much trash, and in boxing I like that. In other sports it annoys me a little, but for some reason in boxing I like the ****y guys.

DonShula84 said:
The Tarver fight was alright, but Im with you Muck, I dont really want to see a 3rd one. I missed the first half of the fight though, and I thought Johnson had a shot in the 11th but he couldnt keep it going. And Tarver just didnt give him a chance in the 12th, he was smart.
I love Mayweather, he talks so much trash, and in boxing I like that. In other sports it annoys me a little, but for some reason in boxing I like the ****y guys.

The 12th rd was a disgrace to boxing.

Tarver vs. Johnson was a bad fight...

Tarver threw soft combinations from rounds 1-9. They had no power, but enough to rack up some points and rounds. He started throwing hard towards the end, but neither fighter was super impressive.

In the 11th round Johnson had so many chances to knockdown Tarver, and he threw them all away. Everytime Johnson landed a big punch, Tarver put his head down and covered his ears up with his gloves. Why Johnson didn't throw uppercuts is beyond me... Not only that, but if a fighter puts his head down, you skull punch him. Keep throwing down at the top of his head!

It was a boring fight.

Can't wait for next week. It's going to be an awesome fight...

Back
Top Bottom