Tonight's Game shows why '21 Dolphins are limited. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tonight's Game shows why '21 Dolphins are limited.

Question..... Do you think Flores would have taken the Ball out of Tuas hands last night? Does BB take the Ball out of Brady's hands last night?

I think the fact they had NO Intention of Scuba Steve Jones throw the ball is an indictment on Jones, but that is me. Also Man the **** up it was 28 degrees and you are dressed in a freaking Scuba Suit.
I enjoy your posting here but right now you just seem bitter and that's clouding your judgement. New England called plays according to the conditions like Bellichek has always done. It wasn't an indictment on Tom Brady when street free agent and Dolphin cast-off Jonas Gray got 200 yards. Ultimately the Patriots were better prepared to play a game like that and the Bills would have done the same thing if they could

Ultimately the Bills have become a finesse team despite playing in Buffalo.

Disagree. If you watched last night's game, Stevenson was dragging defender all night.

That is Miami's biggest problem, our small backs the moment a single defenders gets a hand on them, they are either slowed up, or taken down, while again, Stevenson had 2, 3, 4 guys on top of him, and still he was moving for positive yardage. Hell, I saw him early on get stacked with defender on the LOS, and he took them all for a ride for a 1st down...10 yards.
Stevenson, Jovonte Williams, Jonathan Taylor...some of a stable full of running backs we could have drafted that are capable of getting much more than just the yards from an initial hole.

Good news is Lindsay has time to rest up and get back out there to inject some much needed help on the line in runs and pass blocking.

Im pretty sure that was their intentions on resting him. They probably felt we could win with Ahmed and Gaskin and saving Lindsay for the final games.

I think it's time to rethink the Josh Allen is elite narrative.

I will say, Allen had an elite 2020 season. But he hasn't been elite this year. And he wasn't even average in his first two years.

This loss showed his weaknesses. Missing open receivers, doesn't see the whole field, high throws etc. Even Brian Griese noted that if Allen had kept his eyes down field on a couple of occasions, there were open receivers.

Yes, it was a bad weather game and he did make a couple of wow plays. But, Beasley was wide open on that 4th down play and either Allen didn't see him or just made a bad decision.

Make that play and Buffalo most likely wins the game. Those are plays that most quarterbacks probably make. Certainly the elite ones.
I have a friend that is a die hard Buffalo guy. He said last year that he thinks Allen was successful because there were no fans allowed. He predicted that Allen would wilt this year with fans in the stadiums.

I think Tua throws less passes, but unlike what Belichick did, Flores does not fully take the ball from Tua.

Maybe between 10 to 15 passes, maybe a bit more, but the plan falls mostly on the run game, and Heavy defense.

This is where there is little chance Tua can do do what Allen does, so short passes is probably what we see from Tua.
That’s what I figured. There is an issue imo that BB took the ball completely away from Jones last night.

I enjoy your posting here but right now you just seem bitter and that's clouding your judgement. New England called plays according to the conditions like Bellichek has always done. It wasn't an indictment on Tom Brady when street free agent and Dolphin cast-off Jonas Gray got 200 yards. Ultimately the Patriots were better prepared to play a game like that and the Bills would have done the same thing if they could

Ultimately the Bills have become a finesse team despite playing in Buffalo.
Sure it is. In 20 years of watching Brady dominate the AFCE. There hasn’t been a time BB took the ball away from him. Hell he didn’t even to the level of Scuba Steve’s with Matt Cassel in similar weather. I am so pissed at McD and Daboll coaching like cowards for 3 QTRs.

Only really place I have been bitter today is in the Allen thread. Because he wasn’t the problem yesterday. But I do get to read the inaccuracy takes that have disappeared for the better part of a year because some balls sailed in 25-50MPH winds

I'm not sure the elements would have impacted Miami's offense that much last night, give then simple short passes they make. It's actually a rare example of where Miami's offense may have a distinct advantage over most opponents. Hey, if ppl are going to rip on it all the time, may as well point out a situation where it might be an advantage.

Stevenson, Jovonte Williams, Jonathan Taylor...some of a stable full of running backs we could have drafted that are capable of getting much more than just the yards from an initial hole.
Don't remind me, I wanted Taylor SOO much, I wrote taking him with our second 1st round pick that year after Tua, and was told taking a RB in the 1st is not smart...This one would have.

That’s what I figured. There is an issue imo that BB took the ball completely away from Jones last night.
He did take the ball away, and it might have been even less then 3 attempts, if not that the game was still too close.

Mac Jones is far too inexperienced, and his arm really is too weak to throw into 30+ mph winds.

Honestly, the one thing yesterday’s game showed me was that both teams are flawed.

The AFC is up for grabs and if the football gods are on our side and we happen to make the playoffs, watch out.
You need a semblance of a running game to win in the playoffs.

They brought in lyndsay and thought he ckuld play and he played sell in carolina. Then they didn't play him at all against the giants. This regime has a screw loose and you can't use normal logic on why they do or don't do something.
He is injured.

Back
Top Bottom