Tony Bua | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony Bua

njfinfan

Finheaven's "First Lady"
Reaction score
I had never heard of this guy so did a little research. Here's the best article I came up with on him. Thoughts?

Tony Bua
Strong Safety
Arkansas
5'11" - 209 lbs
4.67 - Combine 40

Tony Bua played linebacker in college up until his senior season, when he moved to Safety. He only has one year of experience as a safety so he is very raw and will take some time to develop. He is a force against the run--A really big hitter who gives 100% on every down. He lacks ideal speed for a safety, and really needs to work on his pass coverage skills to be a saftey in the NFL. Bua is a bit of a project at the moment, but he will be a fine special teams player immediately and could develop into a good strong safety in a few years.

Spielman has already said that they want him to gain some weight and go back to OLB.

I've seen a fair amount of his college games. He really is more of a LB than a SS, because he'd be a liability in pass coverage as a pro. I saw him get beat down the field quite a bit, and if that happened in SEC play, you can imagine what will happen in the pros. In an ideal world, if everything breaks right for him, he could be a poor man's Blaine Bishop. But I don't think he'll play much safety for us. More likely, he sticks as a 4th or 5th LB and special teams monster. I (and others) made this comparison before, but think Larry Izzo.

Boomer said he playe at 222 pounds hi junior year as a LB. He lost a lot of wait to play safet y his senior year. He sounds like an Ian Gold type player on the weak side.

According to Draft Insider, he ran a 6.69 three cone which is like lightning! (for comparison Vilma ran a 6.67). They also had him listed as the 8th best ST "gunner" in the draft. He is very much a LB/ST. Much like Jenkins last year but with a LOT more experiance on the defensive side of the ball. Izzo is probably a good comparison, though Bua is smaller and faster, maybe Gamble.

I guess he might stick as a LB.......I gave him NO chance to make the team as a Safety...........

We need to go into free agency and still find a backup for Zach.........

Seau
Z. Thomas
M. Greenwood
E. Moore
C. Jenkins

I consider those guys pretty safe with Jenkins having to actually earn his roster spot....I don't care what Wanny says......Eddie Moore cannot play in the middle if something happened to Zach........We need another MLB on this roster.

Section126 said:
I guess he might stick as a LB.......I gave him NO chance to make the team as a Safety...........

We need to go into free agency and still find a backup for Zach.........

Seau
Z. Thomas
M. Greenwood
E. Moore
C. Jenkins

I consider those guys pretty safe with Jenkins having to actually earn his roster spot....I don't care what Wanny says......Eddie Moore cannot play in the middle if something happened to Zach........We need another MLB on this roster.

Derrick Pope is going to work out at MLB and maybe get some playing time there. I really like Tony Bua Miami needs a hard-hitter like him and he might bring some attitude to the Defense

so then this guy is going to play special teams? what happened with Eddie 'glass jaw' Moore!? I guess they have no faith in him, even though we wasted a 2nd pick last yearl. another wasted pick, what loser!!! :shakeno: this is B.S. :yell:

Derrick Pope and Tony Bua are both going to be back-up linebackers and both will be special-teamers. I know Tony Bua will make it on special teams, not to sure about Derrick Pope

Back
Top Bottom