Tony Jefferson, Eric Weddle pushing Jarvis Landry to sign with Ravens | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony Jefferson, Eric Weddle pushing Jarvis Landry to sign with Ravens

Jarvis Landry is a perfect fit for Joe Flacco's always horridly low yards-per-attempt.

At this point Grant deserves a shot at the slot position. Carro can continue to be a back up, not sure what his issue it but it's not good sign we haven't seen him playing more.

Question is who do you replace him with?

You replace with him with anyone more explosive or bigger, preferably both. I dont want anyone catching 110 passes. I want 4 or 5 guys hovering between 50-80 receptions.

I know one thing for certain and its possible I speak for many here, Id MUCH rather see Devante Parker catch 80 passes than have Landry catch 115.

I'd rather see Kenny Stills catch 70 balls.

Imagine the carnage if Jakeem Grant catches just 50 passes.

Id prefer a TE who could put up just half the receptions Jarvis did.

Jarvis is the ultimate complimemtary piece.

I don't understand the Caroo hate. I think he is plenty talented enough; good hands, good blocker. I still remember scouts saying his route running was "nuanced".

I remember the same blind hatred for Drake...Until he got an opportunity.

I don't understand the Caroo hate. I think he is plenty talented enough; good hands, good blocker. I still remember scouts saying his route running was "nuanced".

I remember the same blind hatred for Drake...Until he got an opportunity.
the problem he faced is he wasn't good on special teams and struggled learning all of the receiver positions at once. It was a bad pick based off what we have up to get him, but that isn't his fault. He still can provide value too this team and year 3 is a big year for him.

Good for the Ravens. They still have zero shot at the division. Get slower on offense. That will bridge the gap with Pittsburgh.

Give grant a shot in the slot. Dude is fast as balls. Landry is a goner.

Fast as balls? It depends on whose balls we're talking about. Some of our balls aren't as fast as they once were. And having slower balls might not even be a bad thing.

Question is who do you replace him with?
You can't replace his individual production. Expecting a player to step in and put up those stats would be unrealistic. To me, if Landry signs elsewhere we'll see a lot of noisy hot takes and bluster. Then the dust will settle and we'll have time to watch and assess. I'll be looking at two things before I pass judgement on the FO:
1) Is the offense (and passing game in particular) better with Landry's targets spread around to more players?
2) With the cap savings we get from letting Landry walk, do we get improved production at positions of need from the players we sign?

I'll miss Landry if he signs elsewhere. I sure hope his ask is reasonable.

I don’t believe the Ravens have the cap flexibility to spend >13 million on Landry.
If they do, then maybe we can sign their FA center and dump Pouncey.

Back
Top Bottom