Tony Parrish signing with Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony Parrish signing with Dolphins

Haywood

Practice Squad
Reaction score
According to the Herald it sounds like Parrish and the Dolphins are discussing a contract. Also, Marion and the Titans are close to an agreement.

i would have like to see Marion come back. He has played very well in Bates' system the last 2 years and brings much experience and leadership.

Anyone seen Parrish play last year? Tell us a little about him. Main thing in the Fins defensive system, can he cover? The exact reason i DO NOT want V. Green or B. Bishop here.

Haywood..................

Originally posted by Haywood
According to the Herald it sounds like Parrish and the Dolphins are discussing a contract. Also, Marion and the Titans are close to an agreement.

i would have like to see Marion come back. He has played very well in Bates' system the last 2 years and brings much experience and leadership.

Anyone seen Parrish play last year? Tell us a little about him. Main thing in the Fins defensive system, can he cover? The exact reason i DO NOT want V. Green or B. Bishop here.

Do you have a link for that? I don't know too much about Parrish personally. That sucks if Brock is close to signing with the Titans. I'd hate to see him leave. I love the leadership and the tenacity he brings to the field.:cry:

Let's draft Martin Bibla, resign Brock,sign Chris Naeole, and go win the SB. Jay will have NO excuses this year guys. If he fails, the Fiedler supporters should admit they were wrong.

Ah, but on the contrary. If Fiedler does well, the Fiedler haters should admit that they were wrong.

dolfan984...............

Originally posted by Dolfan984

Ah, but on the contrary. If Fiedler does well, the Fiedler haters should admit that they were wrong.

I would be more than happy to admit I was wrong!;)

I have already said I would admit I am wrong if Jay succeeds, and I want him to succeed, but I still have doubts in my mind and I think he sucks. We better resign Brock. :fire:

I would like to see us sign Brock, but this Parrish guy, from what I gather, would be a good upgrade at SS.

Freeman can be our starter at FS...I don't know if Wooden will be able to start at SS for us, although he did a few years ago...

Tony Parrish. Fits Wanny's profile of signing "their" young guys (another wanny/spielman draft pick). 4 year veteran. Plays the run stronger then the pass but don't worry...........WR's FEAR him.

A WR that has to run in his area does so with the look of a dear in headlights. Parrish has a history of knocking the living daylights out of 3-4 WR's every year.

Haywood..

If we get Tony Parrish, our Fins will not miss a beat. Tony Parrish is one of the best run support strong safeties in the game. His pass coverering skills is pretty good also, but he is known for his vicious hits on wide receivers coming across the middle. He knocks out about 4 WR's a year.

Marion will be missed but football is a business. You can't compare Parrish to Marion because they don't play the same position, but Parrish is much better than Brian Walker and that's the positon that Parrish will be playing.

You gotta love the off-season that Wann-Spiel are having. They are being aggresive and they are making smart moves.

If Parrish does sign, you can forget about Wooden starting for us. He couldn't beat Parrish out then in Chicago and he won't beat him out now.

GO FINS!:D :D :D :D :D

Originally posted by Dolfan984

I wish I'll be proven wrong about Fiedler, but I don't think he'll be anything more than average next year. Meanwhile others here are shouting Fiedler will go to the Pro Bowl.

Norv Turner made Gus Frerotte a Pro Bowl QB.

Originally posted by booyeah_
I wish I'll be proven wrong about Fiedler, but I don't think he'll be anything more than average next year. Meanwhile others here are shouting Fiedler will go to the Pro Bowl.
All 3 QB's from the AFC that went to the Pro Bowl really had only avg. years over the 16 g season in Gannon, Brady and Stewart. Jay will a 1200+ yard runner can be just as good as those guys.

Of course, the better QB's in the AFC like Manning and Brunnel could have better years as well.

P.S. I doubt we are signing another S at this point. I like Freeman.

Back
Top Bottom