Tony Pauline says Chase doesn’t get past Fins at 3. | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony Pauline says Chase doesn’t get past Fins at 3.

Hell kids get paid in college. The best already get perks of a professional. They get $, cars, special treatment, etc...
I'm not ignorant to the corruption and under the table dealing that occurs. But if anything that only makes the NCAA shadier and allows me to find it more acceptable for these men to make the decisions they did.

We have to agree to disagree if you think they aren't getting screwed. A study by the National Bureau of Economic Research showed that if college football players were compensated similarly to professional leagues, the average Power 5 football player would be earning $360,000 a year. And their estimate for a top All-American QB was up to 2.4 million. A star WR was 1.3 million.

And that's not even bringing up the concept that they can't make licensing deals or basically own their own likeness, bc they are "amateurs."

Do you believe that players are being compensated in the same stratosphere as those numbers? And if they are actually taking a single dime, they are the ones putting their entire careers at risk. When these scandals are exposed, the schools don't suffer the same realm of consequences, if any.

Are you aware if Parsons, Sewell, Chase, or Rousseau have ever received any money at all for playing football. I have no idea and neither do you. That's the problem.

Until the NCAA changes their amateur status rules the entire system feels like it has evolved into a grift built on exploited young adult athletes.

I still love watching college football, but I am disgusted by the business side. You can have your opinion on whether u think the players are treated fairly, but this is mine.

Last edited:
I'm not ignorant to the corruption and under the table dealing that occurs. But if anything that only makes the NCAA shadier and allows me to find it more acceptable for these men to make the decisions they did.

We have to agree to disagree if you think they aren't getting screwed. A study by the National Bureau of Economic Research showed that if college football players were compensated similarly to professional leagues, the average Power 5 football player would be earning $360,000 a year. And their estimate for a top All-American QB was 2.4 million. A star WR was 1.3 million.

And that's not even bringing up the concept that they can't make licensing deals or basically own their own likeness, bc they are "amateurs."

Do you believe that players are being compensated in the same stratosphere as those numbers? And if they are actually taking a single dime, they are the ones putting their entire careers at risk. When these scandals are exposed, the schools don't suffer the same realm of consequences, if any.

Are you aware if Parsons, Sewell, Chase, or Rousseau have ever received any money at all for playing football. I have no idea and neither do you. That's the problem.

Until the NCAA changes their amateur status rules the entire system feels like it has evolved into a grift built on exploited young adult athletes.

I still love watching college football, but I am disgusted by the business side. You can have your opinion on whether u think the players are treated fairly, but this is mine.
No disagreement here brother. I have no dog in the fight. I like all of the prospects that opted out and would gladly welcome Sewell, Parsons or Chase, even Rousseau at 18.
I know message boards are not always the best at conveying messages but I have no issues with what they did. Is it all Covid based? I do not know and I think this is the start of a disturbing trend where kids just quit. We see it before Bowl games. That did not happen 5 years ago. We see it in college basketball where kids are opting out in the middle of a season. But I guess that is society and the way we live now.

Higher bust rate potential Sewell or receiver?
I haven’t even looked at Sewell tape so I don’t have an opinion but I do believe after looking at parsons he should be the pick if there’s no issues. Immediate impact player who is going to be real good. To answer your question, receiver would be my answer.

I haven’t even looked at Sewell tape so I don’t have an opinion but I do believe after looking at parsons he should be the pick if there’s no issues. Immediate impact player who is going to be real good. To answer your question, receiver would be my answer.

Considering the needs on this team on offense and considering Parsons projection as low as the 20s. I would be floored if we spend the #3 overall pick on a LB that has glaring weaknesses. Too many watch these kids highlights and don't even bother with the lowlights...This particuliar player can get lost..alot! Not at #3 overall for me.

Last edited:
No disagreement here brother. I have no dog in the fight. I like all of the prospects that opted out and would gladly welcome Sewell, Parsons or Chase, even Rousseau at 18.
I know message boards are not always the best at conveying messages but I have no issues with what they did. Is it all Covid based? I do not know and I think this is the start of a disturbing trend where kids just quit. We see it before Bowl games. That did not happen 5 years ago. We see it in college basketball where kids are opting out in the middle of a season. But I guess that is society and the way we live now.
It's where society has forced decisions to be made to avoid BS inequity where a kid can't make a dime and coaches are getting millions. They're protecting their future instead of sacrificing it so someone else can profit. Smart moves.

Every year we have one of these guys that doesn't get past us. Take it with a pinch of salt. Who was last year's guy.. oh Tua... hang on !!

Chase was always going to rise though the further we got away from the College season, recency bias had pushed up Smith's stock , with Waddle and Chase dropping, now it's flipping the other way. I said this earlier, but I would not be shocked if Smith falls a lot further than folks think and he ends up being there at 18. If we took Chase or better still Pitts at 1a and came back again with Smith at 18 (remember Ceedee lamb went at 17 last year and Ceede lamb checked a lot more boxes than smith does), now that would be a sweet thing.

It's where society has forced decisions to be made to avoid BS inequity where a kid can't make a dime and coaches are getting millions. They're protecting their future instead of sacrificing it so someone else can profit. Smart moves.
Two different things going on here. I am all for equality and people rewarded for what they do or accomplish. But we are also becoming a society of quitters when one little thing triggers us. I just wasn’t raised like that and can’t respect it.

When you get to this level you are making life altering money to play a game you love. Just play the game and quit bitching. If it’s too much get a real job.

Two different things going on here. I am all for equality and people rewarded for what they do or accomplish. But we are also becoming a society of quitters when one little thing triggers us. I just wasn’t raised like that and can’t respect it.

When you get to this level you are making life altering money to play a game you love. Just play the game and quit bitching. If it’s too much get a real job.
They have a real job. They just have much more valuable and rare talents than most of us so they can dictate the terms of their employment more than most.

They have a real job. They just have much more valuable and rare talents than most of us so they can dictate the terms of their employment more than most.
Saving lives is a real job, working on an assembly line is a real job, educating children is a real job. These people are entertainers, playing a game. Nothing more, if they had a real job nobody would put up with their Diva BS, I promise you that.

Maybe it is just the way society is going but because of all of the crap that goes on in sports the NFL is all I follow now and at this rate it won't last a whole lot longer.

Saving lives is a real job, working on an assembly line is a real job, educating children is a real job. These people are entertainers, playing a game. Nothing more, if they had a real job nobody would put up with their Diva BS, I promise you that.

Maybe it is just the way society is going but because of all of the crap that goes on in sports the NFL is all I follow now and at this rate it won't last a whole lot longer.
Sounds like you're just salty you couldn't compete with these guys *shrugs*

What you call "Diva BS" is just someone who has worked to develop a rare, valuable skill and knows their worth.

Guy please talk football not where society is going

If you get away from football I will have to delete your posts

Sorry but that is our rules. No political discussion period

I respect what these athletes accomplish on the field, I played sports and enjoyed it, not salty that there are opportunities for anyone. I will respectfully get back to the thread as the moderators are right this is football not politics.

The funny thing is this thread spun out a while back, originally talking about one of my favorite players in the draft, Chase, lol. Not much to say other than I think he is the first WR selected, whether it is us or another team. If we draft him at 3 that will be the only way we get him I believe. If we trade down past Cinci I think they snap him up and pair him with Burrow if Sewell is off the board.

If no trade down I would be fine with any of Sewell, Chase or Pitts, not necessarily in that order.

Back
Top Bottom