Tony Pauline says Chase doesn’t get past Fins at 3. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony Pauline says Chase doesn’t get past Fins at 3.

I actually think Waddle is a better fit for this team. Waddle is a pure speed burner. Can pull the corner deep and command attention of safety. We already have 5050 type wr in DVP. Don't need more with similar skill set.
I'd be happy with waddle too. I agree him and Smith seem like better fits for our team than Chase does and that's not me trying to put Chase down.

Getting 2 of Pitts, Smith, Waddle, and Chase would be my dream scenario for Miami. I feel good about all their talent and the likelihood they play well early. I have combos I prefer, but getting premium weapons is always good.
If we're getting Pitts, we better take him at 3. He's such a rare physical freak like a Calvin Johnson that I don't see him getting past Philly at 6 and the Bengals may even take him at 5.

Going with Pitts at 3 and then trading up for a Waddle would make our offensive absolutely ridiculous as far as weapons in the passing game, but that won't matter if we can't block well enough to get them the ball. If we take Pitts and trade up for Waddle, we'll be ignoring the o line and the D with our first 3 picks... We better be pretty damn comfortable with what we got on o line and D to do that, and I can't see that being the case as there isn't a real RT or MLB on this roster.

Here's what I'd prefer

3 : Sewell
18 : Marshall or Bateman
36 : Nick Bolton or Chaz Surrat
50 : Best available Pass rusher or RB

This is, of course, pending what we do in FA, but even if we address WR in FA with a guy like Juju or Godwin, it wouldn't stop me at all from going WR with 18. People thinking Pitts is going to slip out of the top 7 are crazy IMO, kid is a rare, rare talent.

Getting 2 of Pitts, Smith, Waddle, and Chase would be my dream scenario for Miami. I feel good about all their talent and the likelihood they play well early. I have combos I prefer, but getting premium weapons is always good.
Hell yes...even throwing in a 2nd or 3rd to move up as needed. Now's not the time to get stingy

If we're getting Pitts, we better take him at 3. He's such a rare physical freak like a Calvin Johnson that I don't see him getting past Philly at 6 and the Bengals may even take him at 5.

Going with Pitts at 3 and then trading up for a Waddle would make our offensive absolutely ridiculous as far as weapons in the passing game, but that won't matter if we can't block well enough to get them the ball. If we take Pitts and trade up for Waddle, we'll be ignoring the o line and the D with our first 3 picks... We better be pretty damn comfortable with what we got on o line and D to do that, and I can't see that being the case as there isn't a real RT or MLB on this roster.

Here's what I'd prefer

This is, of course, pending what we do in FA, but even if we address WR in FA with a guy like Juju or Godwin, it wouldn't stop me at all from going WR with 18. People thinking Pitts is going to slip out of the top 7 are crazy IMO, kid is a rare, rare talent.
Nothing special about Pitts.
He is just a tall receiver that college coach lined him up at TE position.

Hell yes...even throwing in a 2nd or 3rd to move up as needed. Now's not the time to get stingy

That's not out of the realm of possibility, particularly if they can trade down to 6 or 8. That would likely get them another second rounder (plus more I get that) this year. You could use that as a package to move up from 18. You take the best WR at the first pick and move up from 18 to get whoever falls to where you can strike. If they get their RB with pick 1 of round 2 then you're starting to love the look of the offense. Very doable but I think they need a trade-down partner to get that extra draft capital because you really want to come out of this draft with two receivers and a RB1.

That's not out of the realm of possibility, particularly if they can trade down to 6 or 8. That would likely get them another second rounder (plus more I get that) this year. You could use that as a package to move up from 18. You take the best WR at the first pick and move up from 18 to get whoever falls to where you can strike. If they get their RB with pick 1 of round 2 then you're starting to love the look of the offense. Very doable but I think they need a trade-down partner to get that extra draft capital because you really want to come out of this draft with two receivers and a RB1.
Our draft is really bringing out the Madden in me! God would I kill to be in Grier's position right now. And its seems I'm far from alone on this board.

If Carolina doesn't have a new QB by draft day, they are moving up.
I do think that's the best trade option. I believe Houston will keep Watson, but if not, then Carolina certainly could be in the running.

Nothing special about Pitts.
He is just a tall receiver that college coach lined him up at TE position.
Oh, you're going to get a lot of disagreement on that one. That's not the player I saw, that's for sure. This kid is super athletic and uses his body so well. I'll agree he's more "receiver" than TE bu that doesn't mean he won't be dominant as a pass catcher in the NFL.

Here's what I'd prefer

What do you want to do with Jackson if we draft Sewell?

Back
Top Bottom